YAFLogo

krinkirkland
12 years ago
Hello,

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

First off:

YAF Version: 1.9.5.5 (Date: 3/3/2011)

.NET Version: 4.0

http://firststrikeguild.com/ 

I have been upgrading since 1.9.1, I believe. Since the upgrade to 1.9.5.5, new users that register after the upgrade do not have the role that I assign to them successfully applied. Users from before the upgrade appear to have no access mask discrepancies. It appears they remain in the starter "Registered" role regardless of what I do in the Administration UI.

I have tried De-approving and re-approving the user, giving them one or many roles and giving them no roles. The Approval process works correctly (denying access once unchecked and saved), but the role change are not being applied, or more specifically the access mask does not appear to be changing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Sponsor
bbobb
  • bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
12 years ago
Execute the sp: activeaccess_reset() from run sql in admin section.
krinkirkland
12 years ago
Thank you bbobb for your quick reply

I've attempted to execute the stored procedure using the following syntax:

activeaccess_reset()

exec activeaccess_reset()

exec activeaccess_reset

The first two tell me:

Incorrect syntax near ' ) '

The last (which I believe to be the correct one) gave me:

Could not find stored procedure 'activeaccess_reset'

Maybe it's a different name? I'm going to see if I can take a look.

squirrel
12 years ago

Thank you bbobb for your quick reply

I've attempted to execute the stored procedure using the following syntax:

activeaccess_reset()

exec activeaccess_reset()

exec activeaccess_reset

The first two tell me:

Incorrect syntax near ' ) '

Originally Posted by: krinkirkland 

The last (which I believe to be the correct one) gave me:

Could not find stored procedure 'activeaccess_reset'

Maybe it's a different name? I'm going to see if I can take a look.

If you used the default settings in your app.config and db.config, you may have to call it as

exec dbo.yaf_ActiveAccess_reset

most SQL servers will require the owner name and table prefixes be included -- in your database it will actually be called "yaf_ActiveAccess" -- yaf_ is the equivalent to "table prefix" in your configuration -- and dbo. would be the equivalent to your database owner's username in the database. You can try to call it without the dbo. prefix -- it might pick it up that way depending on your setup --

If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
krinkirkland
12 years ago
Thank you, squirrel, for your help as well.

That did the trick. After execution my test user worked correctly. It is most appreciated.

Out of curiosity, is there a location where information like this stored procedure and it functionality is stored?

Regardless, thank you for taking time out of your day to assist.

bbobb
  • bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
12 years ago
The bug was fixed a long time ago in codeplex repository. You can find here a recipe it's just a line in the source code to call the sp when a role's being saved..