YAFLogo

squirrel
  • squirrel
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Leader Topic Starter
13 years ago
I probably just missed this somewhere in another post, but search doesn't return anything so I'll ask --

What are the numbers in the topic titles [+###] <-- what do those stand for and how are they applied?

Please excuse the dumb question, but curiosity is killing me on this --

Thanks!

If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
Sponsor
Jaben
  • Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
13 years ago
They are used to look up the post. With a lot of systems... they generate a "slug" that is a unique URL to do a lookup for the actual ID/page/contents for that post.

But in a forum, the topic can change frequently. Instead of using the slug system -- we're just including the TopicID right in the url. Simpler, honestly 😉

squirrel
  • squirrel
  • 100% (Exalted)
13 years ago

They are used to look up the post. With a lot of systems... they generate a "slug" that is a unique URL to do a lookup for the actual ID/page/contents for that post.

But in a forum, the topic can change frequently. Instead of using the slug system -- we're just including the TopicID right in the url. Simpler, honestly ;)

Originally Posted by: Jaben 

Gotchya, thanks! Makes sense now!

If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
Jaben
  • Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
13 years ago
I didn't understand your question... you were asking about the 👍 on the topic titles. That is number of times that topic has been marked as "Favorite" by all users.
squirrel
  • squirrel
  • 100% (Exalted)
13 years ago

I didn't understand your question... you were asking about the 👍 on the topic titles. That is number of times that topic has been marked as "Favorite" by all users.

Originally Posted by: Jaben 

Thanks Jaben -- that makes alot more sense -- I think we got crossed in replies - in your first reply, were you noting the 'topic' ID in the URL?