YAFLogo

pravvu
  • pravvu
  • 51.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
13 years ago
Hi,

I am unable to display the pop error messages, i.e the error notification, I have debugged the code and could see PageContext.AddLoadMessage(GetText("WARN_WATCHLOGIN")); is being called and the error message is added to the PageContext, how can I make sure that the error message is displayed to the user.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsor

pravvu
  • pravvu
  • 51.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
13 years ago
Hi,

Issue is resolved, for the benefit of anyone else facing a similar problem here is the solution.

Issue:
I am using YetAnotherForum v1.9.4 and converted the application to Web Applicatoin Project, during the automated conversion process App_Code is converted to Old_App_Code.

Brief history:
In YAF all the base modules are loaded into memory during the first run in the constructuor of YafBaseModuleManager class.
LOC:
AddModules(
new List<Assembly>()
{
  Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly(),
});

In the Old_App_Code there are a few base modules (that inherit from SimpleBaseModule class) and these does not get loaded into memory since they are not part current executing assembly.(YetAnotherForum is written to run as Website)

Solution:
Modify the code as below to add your Web Application website assembly.
AddModules(
new List<Assembly>()
{
  Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly(),
  Assembly.Load(<Your Website Assembly Full Name>) //Line Added            
});

Everyting else would work 🙂
YAF Logo Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved
About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.