YAFLogo

Beyers
  • Beyers
  • 52.4% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
12 years ago
First off, kudos to the YAF team for a great product. This was my first ever implementation of YAF and the experience has been great. Installation went smoothly, memberhip and SSO integration with my MVC application is working beautifully, all in all two thumbs up.

I did pick up a couple of small issues:

1) There's a spelling mistake in english.xml:

<Resource tag="ENTER_TEXT">Please enter the reason you're repoorting this post:</Resource>

2) The "Search Users" feature in the admin panel currently ignores the Role and Rank filter criteria. The problem method is the following in DB.cs:


public static DataTable user_list(object boardID, object userID, object approved, object groupID, object rankID)
    {
      return user_list(boardID, userID, approved, null, null, false);      
    }

Clearly the two null parameters above is incorrect. Passing groupID and rankID fixed the problem:


public static DataTable user_list(object boardID, object userID, object approved, object groupID, object rankID)
    {
      return user_list(boardID, userID, approved, groupID, rankID, false);
    }

3) Just picked up something now when submitting this post, nested BB codes inside code blocks are ignored, if this is by design then please ignore this point.

I have one question too, I want to display the last 10 forums posts in my application. Is there an existing SP to retrieve the latest posted messages, similar to the "Active Discussions" feature, but for forum posts?

Beyers

Sponsor

bbobb
  • bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
12 years ago
Beyers wrote:

Just picked up something now when submitting this post, nested BB codes inside code blocks are ignored, if this is by design then please ignore this point.

By admin settings.

Beyers wrote:

I have one question too, I want to display the last 10 forums posts in my application. Is there an existing SP to retrieve the latest posted messages, similar to the "Active Discussions" feature, but for forum posts?

No, there is no a ready sp for this.

Thanks for your report, fixed.

http://forum.yetanotherforum.net/yaf_topics40_YAF-Tracker.aspx  developers it can be easily lost in forum posts.

Beyers
  • Beyers
  • 52.4% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
12 years ago
bbobb wrote:

http://forum.yetanotherforum.net/yaf_topics40_YAF-Tracker.aspx  developers it can be easily lost in forum posts.

Noted, thanks.

Mek
  • Mek
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
12 years ago
bbobb wrote:

No, there is no a ready sp for this.

yaftopic_latest if you want the topics last posted to.


UserPostedImage

"It's a case of RTFM.. the only problem being we don't have a manual!"

When I post FP:Mek in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Ederon 🙂 )

bbobb
  • bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
12 years ago
Mek wrote:

yaftopic_latest if you want the topics last posted to.

Yes, but it's not quite ready - it needs modification anyway as doesn't filter data by forumid.

Mek
  • Mek
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
12 years ago
Does it need to filter? He wanted something akin to Active Discussions.

It's working absolutely fine for me atm thank you.


UserPostedImage

"It's a case of RTFM.. the only problem being we don't have a manual!"

When I post FP:Mek in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Ederon 🙂 )