Installing it on Sitecore
Hosting on localhost: II7
Framework .Net 3.5

Goal:
I'm adding YAF to a CMS solution. Where YAF is in it's own folder called
Seemingly the files that are located under
\App_Code\

are correctly placed.

However, I'm getting the feeling that a settings is missed out on since I'm getting a compile error:

"Error 129 The type or namespace name 'Editor' does not exist in the namespace 'YAF' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\ahus\Trunk\WebSite\yaf\controls\EditUsersSignature.ascx.cs 35 17 WebSite"

The code-behind files which gives the error are (standard YAFs files, which are not altered):
EditUsersSignature.ascx.cs
postmessage.ascx.cs
pmessage.ascx.cs
posts.ascx.cs

Example: The "protected YAF.Editor.ForumEditor _sig;" has pointed out Editor as "Cannot resolve symbol 'Editor'"

I'm looking at the guide and retracing every step, and I cannot find the culprit.

Sponsor

haraldsh
  • haraldsh
  • 51.8% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
12 years ago
Arr, the error message is just a part of the problem. Tried to reinstall the yaf forum into Sitecore, and a further investigation showed that the prefixes aren't recognized in the controls and pages:

Ex.: Unrecognized tag prefix or device filter 'YAF'

I've searched on the topic and it doesn't seem like it a common error, however, I found some threads about it on yetanotherforum:
http://forum.yetanotherforum.net/yaf_postst5121_Install-Problem-InitializeUpgrade-Database-Step.aspx 
http://forum.yetanotherforum.net/yaf_postsm34373_Hi-friends---hellp-me--.aspx 

I've added the

<system.web>
    <pages validateRequest="false">
      <controls>
 <add tagPrefix="sc" namespace="Sitecore.Web.UI.WebControls" assembly="Sitecore.Kernel" />
        <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
        <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
        <add tagPrefix="scxsl" namespace="Sitecore.Modules.XslCodebehind" assembly="Sitecore.Modules.XslCodebehind" />

<!-- yaf -->
        <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
        <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
        <add tagPrefix="ajaxToolkit" namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" assembly="AjaxControlToolkit"/>
        <add tagPrefix="YAF" namespace="YAF.Classes.UI" assembly="YAF.Classes.UI" />
        <add tagPrefix="YAF" namespace="YAF.Classes.Utils" assembly="YAF.Classes.Utils" />
        <add tagPrefix="YAF" namespace="YAF.Classes.Data" assembly="YAF.Classes.Data" />
        <add tagPrefix="YAF" namespace="YAF.Controls" assembly="YAF.Controls" />
        <add tagPrefix="YAF" namespace="YAF.Controls.Statistics" assembly="YAF.Controls" />
        <add tagPrefix="YAF" namespace="YAF.Classes" />
        <add tagPrefix="YAF" namespace="YAF"/>
        <add tagPrefix="editor" namespace="YAF.Editor"/>
        <!-- end yaf -->
      </controls>
      <!-- yaf -->
      <namespaces>
        <add namespace="YAF" />
        <add namespace="YAF.Classes.UI" />
        <add namespace="YAF.Classes.Utils" />
        <add namespace="YAF.Controls" />
        <add namespace="YAF.Classes.Data" />
      </namespaces>
      <!-- end yaf -->
<pages>
</system.web>

YAF Logo Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved
About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.