tha_watcha
2010-03-09T07:15:28Z
But did you use the files from my package???

I dont understand why you copy the files manually. If you install the Module it will automatically copy the files.
UserPostedImage
svenni
  •  svenni
  • 60.2% (Friendly)
  • YAF Forumling
2010-03-09T08:13:23Z
I used the DNN-Module, it copied all the files. But I guess there might be a problem because my DNN installation is in a subfolder of the website-root ?
I got an error that there is nothing in App_Code\Yaf, so I've searched in the forums here and then copied DesktopModules\YetanotherForumDotNet\App_Code\Yaf to dnnfolder\App_Code\Yaf...
This is the only copy-operation which was necessary...

Any idea what went wrong?

Thanks for your interest and help!
tha_watcha
2010-03-09T10:53:22Z
Quote:

I got an error that there is nothing in App_Code\Yaf, so I've searched in the forums here and then copied DesktopModules\YetanotherForumDotNet\App_Code\Yaf to dnnfolder\App_Code\Yaf...

yes you are right the dnn installer was wrong. I updated my download Package

http://www.watchersnet.de/Downloads/tabid/53/rrcid/51/rrscid/54/rreid/382/rrpid/1/rrepp/10/Default.aspx 

P.S: But please note, do NOT mix files from this download with other downloads here in the forum, because those SVN Snapshots can be different and incompatible.
UserPostedImage
balbes
2010-03-09T14:33:56Z
tha_watcha
Thank you for your excellent CKEditor provider for DNN
YAF integration 
mir scheissegal
svenni
  •  svenni
  • 60.2% (Friendly)
  • YAF Forumling
2010-03-10T02:22:02Z
tha_watcha wrote:

Quote:

yes you are right the dnn installer was wrong. I updated my download Package

http://www.watchersnet.de/Downloads/tabid/53/rrcid/51/rrscid/54/rreid/382/rrpid/1/rrepp/10/Default.aspx 

P.S: But please note, do NOT mix files from this download with other downloads here in the forum, because those SVN Snapshots can be different and incompatible.

Cool! This is working much better ;-)
[Update] Works great. I've tested meanwhile new user registration in DNN and language switching. Really cool!!!

If I click on a deployed yaf-module in the bottom on "Edit YAF Setting", I'll get this error:

Error: is currently unavailable.
DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\dnnapp\DesktopModules\YetAnotherForumDotNet\DotNetNukeModuleEdit.ascx.cs(79): error CS0117: 'YAF.Classes.Config' does not contain a definition for 'FileRoot' ---> System.Web.HttpCompileException: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\dnnapp\DesktopModules\YetAnotherForumDotNet\DotNetNukeModuleEdit.ascx.cs(79): error CS0117: 'YAF.Classes.Config' does not contain a definition for 'FileRoot' at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResult(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(String virtualPath) at DotNetNuke.UI.ControlUtilities.LoadControl[T](TemplateControl containerControl, String ControlSrc) at DotNetNuke.UI.Modules.ModuleHost.LoadModuleControl() --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

After the error I've pasted in the file instead of "Config.FileRoot" the value from web.config
"YAF.FileRoot", and that did the trick...
Just to let you know...

Thanks a lot!!!

Bye
Sven
tha_watcha
2010-03-10T11:07:09Z
Quote:

Thanks 😁

Quote:

Just to let you know...

Thanks i fixed that.

I updated my Module again

YAF-DNN5-Module 1.9.4.3238
changes
- Updated to SVN 3298
- Web.config will be updated automatically with the Module Installation (Only the Connection string and the Password has to be changed after the installation)

TODO
- Include the SQL in the Module Installation
- On Uninstall remove entrys from the web.config

DOWNLOAD 
UserPostedImage
svenni
  •  svenni
  • 60.2% (Friendly)
  • YAF Forumling
2010-03-10T14:31:04Z
tha_watcha wrote:

Quote:

Thanks 😁

Quote:

Just to let you know...

Thanks i fixed that.

I updated my Module again

YAF-DNN5-Module 1.9.4.3238
changes
- Updated to SVN 3298
- Web.config will be updated automatically with the Module Installation (Only the Connection string and the Password has to be changed after the installation)

TODO
- Include the SQL in the Module Installation
- On Uninstall remove entrys from the web.config

DOWNLOAD 

Great stuff! ;-)
Could you provide a "SRC"-Version of the package, too?
Not very urgent, but would be greate one day...

tha_watcha
2010-03-11T09:57:31Z
YetAnotherForum.NET 1.9.4 RC2 SVN Build 3239 Source Code is online As Zip. (There is NOTHING Modified this is just the version from the SVN Server)

Download Source 

and i also updated the Module

YAF-DNN5-Module 1.9.4.3239
changes
- Updated to SVN 3239
- web.config Entrys will be removed automatically on Module Deinstallation
- Auto Installation (When the YAF Database is not installed, and a new Module Instance is added to a Webpage it starts Automatically the Install Wizard)

Only the Yaf Connection string has to be manually changed and the Config Password after Installation.

If you use the DotNetnuke Default db connection string, only the Config Password has to be changed.

Download 
UserPostedImage
svenni
  •  svenni
  • 60.2% (Friendly)
  • YAF Forumling
2010-03-11T10:41:51Z
svenni
  •  svenni
  • 60.2% (Friendly)
  • YAF Forumling
2010-03-23T05:48:53Z
tha_watcha wrote:

YetAnotherForum.NET 1.9.4 RC2 SVN Build 3239 Source Code is online As Zip. (There is NOTHING Modified this is just the version from the SVN Server)

Download Source 

changes
- Updated to SVN 3239
- Auto Installation (When the YAF Database is not installed, and a new Module Instance is added to a Webpage it starts Automatically the Install Wizard)

Only the Yaf Connection string has to be manually changed and the Config Password after Installation.

If you use the DotNetnuke Default db connection string, only the Config Password has to be changed.

Download 

Hi,
found finally the time to try this new package, but after installation of the module (host-extensions) I'll got the following error:

What I don't understand is why he did not change "web.config" ?
What could be the reason for this?

In the DNN-root, I see a "yafdnn-res.zip.manifest" file and the other YAF-config-Files, but obviously the DNN-web-config is left untouched. I have checked rights, but the user under which the DNN-AppPool is running has all rights on the directory...

Strange...

Any idea what's going wroing?

Thanks a lot in advance...
Sven

Die Dateien "/DotNetNuke_Community/App_Code/AssemblyInfo.vb" und "/DotNetNuke_Community/App_Code/YAF/Modules/PageTitleModule.cs" verwenden unterschiedliche Sprachen. Dies ist nicht zulässig, weil sie gemeinsam kompiliert werden müssen.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Die Dateien "/DotNetNuke_Community/App_Code/AssemblyInfo.vb" und "/DotNetNuke_Community/App_Code/YAF/Modules/PageTitleModule.cs" verwenden unterschiedliche Sprachen. Dies ist nicht zulässig, weil sie gemeinsam kompiliert werden müssen.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Die Dateien "/DotNetNuke_Community/App_Code/AssemblyInfo.vb" und "/DotNetNuke_Community/App_Code/YAF/Modules/PageTitleModule.cs" verwenden unterschiedliche Sprachen. Dies ist nicht zulässig, weil sie gemeinsam kompiliert werden müssen.]
System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.ProcessBuildProviders() +452
System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild() +42
System.Web.Compilation.CodeDirectoryCompiler.GetCodeDirectoryAssembly(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories, Boolean isDirectoryAllowed) +8809466
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectory(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories) +128
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectories() +265
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() +320

[HttpException (0x80004005): Die Dateien "/DotNetNuke_Community/App_Code/AssemblyInfo.vb" und "/DotNetNuke_Community/App_Code/YAF/Modules/PageTitleModule.cs" verwenden unterschiedliche Sprachen. Dies ist nicht zulässig, weil sie gemeinsam kompiliert werden müssen.]
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ReportTopLevelCompilationException() +58
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() +512
System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters) +729

System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +8890735
System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +85
System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +259
tha_watcha
2010-03-23T06:08:50Z
Quote:

Quote:

Ok i can tell you whats the Problem, the web.config will be updated with the needed Entries when you install the Module the First Time.

But not when you update The Module when its already installed. In that case you have to Deinstall the Module first, or edit the web.config Entries manually.

UserPostedImage
svenni
  •  svenni
  • 60.2% (Friendly)
  • YAF Forumling
2010-03-23T07:05:18Z
tha_watcha wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ok i can tell you whats the Problem, the web.config will be updated with the needed Entries when you install the Module the First Time.

But not when you update The Module when its already installed. In that case you have to Deinstall the Module first, or edit the web.config Entries manually.

Thanks a lot for the fast reply!

I'll got it running by making the web.config-modifications manually.

Just perhaps a small feedback for the install-documentation:

"If you have DNN installed in a subdirectory, you have to change the following entries in the DNN-root-web.config:

<add key="YAF.FileRoot" value="/my_subdirectory/DesktopModules/YetAnotherForumDotNet" />
    <add key="YAF.AppRoot" value="/my_subdirectory/DesktopModules/YetAnotherForumDotNet" />

And when you place the first time a forum-module onto a DNN-page, there will be an error in the URL...
Insert there the "my_subdirectory" in the same way and all will go fine...

Bye
Sven

tha_watcha
2010-03-23T07:29:33Z
Quote:

Just perhaps a small feedback for the install-documentation:

"If you have DNN installed in a subdirectory, you have to change the following entries in the DNN-root-web.config:

does the "~/" in

<add key="YAF.FileRoot" value="~/DesktopModules/YetAnotherForumDotNet" />

didnt work?
UserPostedImage
svenni
  •  svenni
  • 60.2% (Friendly)
  • YAF Forumling
2010-03-23T08:44:19Z
Ahh. Ok...
As I did it manually, I used the web.config from the older package 😉
svenni
  •  svenni
  • 60.2% (Friendly)
  • YAF Forumling
2010-03-24T05:20:30Z
tha_watcha wrote:

Download Source 

changes
- Updated to SVN 3239

Download 

Is there a (more or less simple) way to integrate the YAF-Forums into the DNN-site-search?

By creating a search-provider? Or is this already "done" and I'm just laking a "switch" ?

Thanks to anybody for any hint!

Bye
Sven

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.