YAFLogo

joenne
  • joenne
  • 51.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
12 years ago
Hi,

I just yesterday downloaded and tried out the latest release of YAF and I am impressed! I was however curious as what the multiple board support could be used for?

I'm thinked of having a forum with forums in different languages, e.g. Danish, German and English. It seems that the language can only be set per board. Therefore I thought whether I simply needed to create a new board for each differerent language?

Is this a wrong interpretation of using the multiple board support feature? And if so, how could the multiple board feature otherwise be utilized?

Cheers, Jens

Sponsor

Jaben
  • Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
12 years ago
It useful when you want more then one forum on a database. A lot of people can't afford multiple databases (or get one with their hosting). YAF allows different web sites to have different forums and use the same database.

E.g. Different forums for different clans or groups.

joenne
  • joenne
  • 51.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
12 years ago
Ok, thanks Jaben.

So for a new forum only thing to change would be the BoardId in the app.config file and your good to go?

/Jens

Jaben
  • Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
12 years ago
Sort of... you have to add the board in the admin. Then you can switch to it by setting the app.config or via the Control parameters.