YAFLogo

Ken
  • Ken
  • 52.4% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
12 years ago
Hello!

I just registed here, and downloaded the source files. I extracted the source files, and opened them in Visual Studio 2008 Professional. I tried to compile the software and I got 71 errors and 7 warnings.

I received this error several times, and I have a feeling its causing most of the other errors.

Quote:

Warning 1 Use command line option '/keyfile' or appropriate project settings instead of 'AssemblyKeyFile' C:\Users\Ken\Desktop\YAF-v1.9.4-RC1-SRC\YAF.Classes\YAF.Classes.Config\Properties\AssemblyInfo.cs 41 12 YAF.Classes.Config

When I highlight the error it takes me to this line

[assembly: AssemblyKeyFile("..\\..\\YetAnotherForum.NET.snk")]

Does anyone have any ideas?

Sponsor
Ken
  • Ken
  • 52.4% (Neutral)
12 years ago
I've copied over the DLL files into /bin. It fixed the errors I was getting but now I'm getting more errors.

Edit: Everything compiles except the web application.

Quote:

Error 15 The type or namespace name 'var' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\Ken\Desktop\YAF-v1.9.4-RC1-SRC\YetAnotherForum.NET\App_Code\YAF\Utilities\MetaWeblog.cs 99 7 C:\...\YetAnotherForum.NET\

Error 16 The best overloaded method match for 'YAF.Utilities.MetaWeblog.newPost(string, string, string, YAF.Utilities.MetaWeblog.Post, bool)' has some invalid arguments C:\Users\Ken\Desktop\YAF-v1.9.4-RC1-SRC\YetAnotherForum.NET\App_Code\YAF\Utilities\MetaWeblog.cs 103 14 C:\...\YetAnotherForum.NET\

Error 17 Argument '4': cannot convert from 'var' to 'YAF.Utilities.MetaWeblog.Post' C:\Users\Ken\Desktop\YAF-v1.9.4-RC1-SRC\YetAnotherForum.NET\App_Code\YAF\Utilities\MetaWeblog.cs 103 50 C:\...\YetAnotherForum.NET\

Error 18 The type or namespace name 'var' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\Ken\Desktop\YAF-v1.9.4-RC1-SRC\YetAnotherForum.NET\App_Code\YAF\Modules\PageLogoHandlerModule.cs 59 7 C:\...\YetAnotherForum.NET\

Error 19 The type or namespace name 'var' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\Ken\Desktop\YAF-v1.9.4-RC1-SRC\YetAnotherForum.NET\App_Code\YAF\Modules\PageLogoHandlerModule.cs 60 7 C:\...\YetAnotherForum.NET\

Error 21 The name 'ScriptManager' does not exist in the current context C:\Users\Ken\Desktop\YAF-v1.9.4-RC1-SRC\YetAnotherForum.NET\App_Code\YAF\Modules\PagePopupModule.cs 121 13 C:\...\YetAnotherForum.NET\

Error 29 Argument '1': cannot convert from 'var' to 'System.Web.UI.Control' C:\Users\Ken\Desktop\YAF-v1.9.4-RC1-SRC\YetAnotherForum.NET\App_Code\YAF\Forum.cs 301 22 C:\...\YetAnotherForum.NET\

Jaben
  • Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
12 years ago
you have no web.config.
Ken
  • Ken
  • 52.4% (Neutral)
12 years ago
Jaben wrote:

you have no web.config.

I got that part after I posted by searching for other people with the same problem. I have not done any web programming before, so I have no idea what that means.

I seen many posts about getting a web.config file. I have no idea where to get one or what to do with it.

That's why I wanted to look at this source code so I can hopefully learn something from it.

Thanks.

crest
  • crest
  • 51.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling
12 years ago
I seen many posts about getting a web.config file. I have no idea where to get one or what to do with it.

Jaben
  • Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
12 years ago
crest wrote:

It's not the responsibility of the YAF project to educate users how to use ASP.NET software. There are certain requirements in using web development tools. If you do not know something, it is YOUR responsibility to do a search for information regarding it.

It's not complex: there are tons of resources, folks.

Ken
  • Ken
  • 52.4% (Neutral)
12 years ago
Jaben wrote:

crest wrote:

It's not the responsibility of the YAF project to educate users how to use ASP.NET software. There are certain requirements in using web development tools. If you do not know something, it is YOUR responsibility to do a search for information regarding it.

Fuck You. 😝

JP
  • JP
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Leader
12 years ago
Tssk, tssk... What a language to use on a friendly and helpful site...

I downloaded the source today, and got it compiling well after having exactly the same issues you described...

You need a web.config, so just copy the recommended_web_config from the /webconfigs folder to the application root and rename it to web.config and you should be good to go... I of course used the web.config from my own site installation.

Seems to me you have not tried to install YAF "as is" in a website yet since you ask for a web.config...

So, first see if you can set up a website on your computer actually running YAF - when that is done, you have a web.config that works, use that in the C# project. The recommended_web_config file supplied should work fine for a default install (after renaming it to web.config).

Had a couple of issues myself, but my friend Mr Google helped me solve them...

He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Jaben
  • Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
12 years ago
Ken wrote:

Jaben wrote:

crest wrote:

Fuck You. 😝

I'm not very proud of my response, but seriously dude, tell me how you really feel.

Thankfully there are plenty of generous and intelligent people who are involved in YAF. Otherwise, if it was just people like "Ken", I'd probably have scrapped this project a long time ago.