YAFLogo

fblade
  • fblade
  • 52.4% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
14 years ago
Hy all,

I've been trying to install YAF for some hours now but it seems i'm not getting the hang of it.

I tried to merge it with my current site first but got stuck on the same error message as trying to run it stand alone. I've read a couple of threads about the issue i have also, but none of the tips recommended seem to cover my problem.

Here it is:

Quote:

Server Error in '/YAF-v1.9.3-FINAL-BIN-NET20' Application.
A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

Source Error:

Line 545: private void FixAccess( bool bGrant )
Line 546: {
Line 547: DB.system_initialize_fixaccess(bGrant);
Line 548: }
Line 549: #endregion

Source File: c:\Users\fblade\Desktop\YAF-v1.9.3-FINAL-BIN-NET20\install\default.aspx.cs Line: 547

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)]
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +4849015
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +194
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Connect(ServerInfo serverInfo, SqlInternalConnectionTds connHandler, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, Boolean encrypt, Boolean trustServerCert, Boolean integratedSecurity, SqlConnection owningObject) +4862333
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject) +90
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart) +342
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) +221
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) +189
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection) +185
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options) +31
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject) +433
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject) +66
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject) +499
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) +65
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +117
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +122
YAF.Classes.Data.YafDBConnManager.get_OpenDBConnection() +39
YAF.Classes.Data.DB.system_initialize_fixaccess(Boolean grant) +60
YAF.Install._default.FixAccess(Boolean bGrant) in c:\Users\fblade\Desktop\YAF-v1.9.3-FINAL-BIN-NET20\install\default.aspx.cs:547
YAF.Install._default.UpgradeDatabase(Boolean fullText) in c:\Users\fblade\Desktop\YAF-v1.9.3-FINAL-BIN-NET20\install\default.aspx.cs:273
YAF.Install._default.Wizard_NextButtonClick(Object sender, WizardNavigationEventArgs e) in c:\Users\fblade\Desktop\YAF-v1.9.3-FINAL-BIN-NET20\install\default.aspx.cs:205
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnNextButtonClick(WizardNavigationEventArgs e) +108
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +418
System.Web.UI.WebControls.WizardChildTable.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +19
System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +37
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +118
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +166
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4927; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4927

My current db.config:
Quote:

SQL user is created as has full rights as it's the root user of the MuSQL database.

1) As you can see the connection strin gis names yafnet, as hardcoded in YAF.
2) no SSPI but pure SQL server log in with username / passwd

thanks guys
regards
me 🙂
Sponsor

Jaben
  • Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
14 years ago
change your connection string to:

"Data Source=localhost;Initial Catalog=vm;User ID=root;Password=uDl3oPg3"

Root sounds like MySQL. YAF is SQL Server only.
fblade
  • fblade
  • 52.4% (Neutral)
14 years ago
Hi Jaben,

I changed the connection string ti what you suggested but i still get the same error message.

You were right concerning the MySQl database.

Does your remark mean that YAF can _not_ run together with a MySQL database? It would seem strange that an open source Forum would not be able to manage an open source SQL database.

thanks
me
Jaben
  • Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
14 years ago
Bbobb has a MySql extension for YAF. And MS Sql is not open source, true, but there is a free version available.
fblade
  • fblade
  • 52.4% (Neutral)
14 years ago
perfect, i dropped him a pm.

In any case, might it not work out, do you happen to know an open source forum supporting MySQL?

regards
me
fblade
  • fblade
  • 52.4% (Neutral)
14 years ago
i tried to install the YAF-v1.9.3-FINAL-MYSQL-SRC-NET35

running the install folder gives me the following error message:

Line 282: int prevVersion = DB.DBVersion;
Line 283:
Line 284: DB.system_updateversion(YafForumInfo.AppVersion, YafForumInfo.AppVersionName);
Line 285:
Line 286: // Ederon : 9/7/2007

Source File: c:\Documents and Settings\NA08548\Desktop\YAF-v1.9.3-FINAL-MYSQL-SRC-NET35\YAF-v1.9.3-FINAL-MYSQL-SRC-NET35\YetAnotherForum.NET\install\default.aspx.cs Line: 284

Stack Trace:

[MySqlException (0x80004005): Procedure or function 'yaf_system_updateversion' cannot be found in database 'yafnet'.]
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.ProcedureCache.GetProcData(MySqlConnection connection, String spName) +385
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.ProcedureCache.AddNew(MySqlConnection connection, String spName) +44
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.ProcedureCache.GetProcedure(MySqlConnection conn, String spName) +186
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.StoredProcedure.GetParameters(String procName) +77
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.StoredProcedure.Resolve() +128
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +477
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +43
YAF.Classes.Data.DBAccess.ExecuteNonQuery(MySqlCommand cmd, Boolean transaction) +264
YAF.Classes.Data.DBAccess.ExecuteNonQuery(MySqlCommand cmd) +35
YAF.Classes.Data.DB.system_updateversion(Int32 version, String name) +344
YAF.Install._default.UpgradeDatabase(Boolean fullText) in c:\Documents and Settings\NA08548\Desktop\YAF-v1.9.3-FINAL-MYSQL-SRC-NET35\YAF-v1.9.3-FINAL-MYSQL-SRC-NET35\YetAnotherForum.NET\install\default.aspx.cs:284
YAF.Install._default.Wizard_NextButtonClick(Object sender, WizardNavigationEventArgs e) in c:\Documents and Settings\NA08548\Desktop\YAF-v1.9.3-FINAL-MYSQL-SRC-NET35\YAF-v1.9.3-FINAL-MYSQL-SRC-NET35\YetAnotherForum.NET\install\default.aspx.cs:205
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnNextButtonClick(WizardNavigationEventArgs e) +108
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +418
System.Web.UI.WebControls.WizardChildTable.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +19
System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +37
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +118
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +166
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
Sy