YAFLogo

huyhk
  • huyhk
  • 55.4% (Neutral)
  • YAF Camper Topic Starter
12 years ago
Hello everyone,

I have a forum with 70.000 topics and 1.300.000 messages.

While upgrading from version 1.9.1.8 to 1.9.3, I got error

Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. 
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Source Error: 

Line 286:				// Ederon : 9/7/2007
Line 287:				// resync all boards - necessary for propr last post bubbling
Line 288:				DB.board_resync();
Line 289:
Line 290:				// upgrade providers...

I tried to execute the yaf_board_resync SP in SQL Management tool (I guessed the function DB.board_resync() called this SP) and it took about 5-6 minutes to complete.

I couldn't complete the upgrade. Anyone can help me to solve this problem?

Thanks.

Sponsor

Ederon
  • Ederon
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
12 years ago
I suggest following approach:

1. In the database, alter resync SP so it doesn't contain any code. (or just some dummy select)

2. Go though upgrade process again.

3. When upgraded, run code of resync SP in management studio to properly finish upgrade of the database.

When I post FP:Ederon in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting.
Jaben
  • Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
12 years ago
You need to upgrade to v1.9.4. Due to performance problems with v1.9.3 (and upgrade issues), I doubt you will be able to upgrade to that version.
huyhk
  • huyhk
  • 55.4% (Neutral)
  • YAF Camper Topic Starter
12 years ago
Thank you for your replies.

I finally completed my upgrade. I tried Enderon suggestion and still failed. My solution is comment the line DB.board_resync() in install/default.aspx.cs, run the upgrade and then execute yaf_board_resync SP in SQL Management Tool.

Hope everything OK with my forum.

Thank you all again. I will try 1.9.4 another time.