surieux
  •  surieux
  • 78.8% (Friendly)
  • YAF Lover Topic Starter
2009-10-27T17:37:32Z
Hello,

Is it possible to have YAF not using the App_Code folder, compiled as a web application with juts assemblies in bin and aspx,ascx, etc ?

Thanks for help
CS
Sponsor
Kamyar
2009-10-27T18:02:45Z
Well I can't say it's impossible. But you'll have to intensively modify the source and remove many functionalities that yaf has. May I ask what's the problem with the App_Code folder that urges you to remove it? Maybe there's another workaround for you.
If at first you don’t succeed, call it version 1.0
surieux
  •  surieux
  • 78.8% (Friendly)
2009-10-27T18:42:43Z
As I need to include it in another main app, I want to avoid any modification to the codebehind code introducing variants and errors.
Including it in an assembly is a simple way to avoid it from non asp.net confirmed people.
I now its is relative.

I see that DNN is installing its module without all code in app_code, only assemblies are installed in the bin folder of dnn.

From what I have seen it doesn't appears so difficult ?

Why not offering this option ?

CS
Boskone
2009-10-27T21:31:14Z
surieux wrote:

I see that DNN is installing its module without all code in app_code, only assemblies are installed in the bin folder of dnn.

CS

The latest version 1.9.3 does use the app.code folder as well as the code behind files for DNN installations.
Boskone - A DotNetNuke user.
RDSCC 
surieux
  •  surieux
  • 78.8% (Friendly)
2009-10-28T05:19:23Z
Hi,

But when I look to the installer file from sourceforge, in the .dnn xml install file, there are only assemblies ?
Is it a bad old file ?

CS
File Attachment(s):
yaf_dnn.xml (2kb) downloaded 60 time(s).
surieux
  •  surieux
  • 78.8% (Friendly)
2009-10-28T05:55:16Z
Ok, I found the zip resource file....
A little heavy ....

CS

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.