YAFLogo

• 55.4% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
13 years ago
have been trying to install blindly on my host for a few weeks now without being able to see any errors. So my host emailed me the server config files which i will attach, so i could work on it myself. I am using the recommend webconfig the only change to it is line #31 to enable error messages. I am receiving the following error message when i try to run install. The file is there I can see it, I tried re-downloading as well to no avail.

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error 
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Unable to open configSource file 'URLRewriter.config'.

Source Error: 

Line 17: 	<connectionStrings configSource="db.config"/>
Line 18: 	<appSettings configSource="app.config"/>
Line 19: 	<rewriter configSource="URLRewriter.config" />
Line 20: 
Line 21: 	<system.net>

Source File: C:\Users\505090\Desktop\jmj\jmj.com\web.config    Line: 19 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4918; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4918 
Sponsor

Jaben
  • Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
13 years ago
As it says, you're missing the urlrewriter.config file in your root. Copy it there from the archive.
  • 55.4% (Neutral)
13 years ago
Thank you

since the error was on line 19 i had assumed that the db.config and app.config from lines 17 and 18 already loaded.
  • 55.4% (Neutral)
13 years ago
http://www.connectionstrings.com/default.aspx?carrier=sqlserver  but have not been able to get them to work.

My host says that I must connect to my MS SQL database via ADODB or asp.net not through ODBC or OLEDB, link to details below.
http://faq.1and1.com/scripting_languages_supported/asp_net/14.html 

I have contacted my host again and was provided the following script which they say connects and shows that my database is working correctly, but the script says sqloledb which they said I can't use so I'm confused.

<%

Set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
conn.open "PROVIDER=SQLOLEDB;DATA SOURCE=******.net;UID=******;PWD=******;DATABASE=******"

'will iterate to display the records got from the database

'closes the connection

conn.close
Set rs = Nothing
Set conn = Nothing

%>

So if someone can tell me how to modify that to work with the forum it would be greatly appreciated. I have tried several times and can not seem to get it right.
steve
  • steve
  • 63.8% (Friendly)
  • YAF Camper
13 years ago
Hi i use 1and1 as my provider this is my conection string that works

This works fine but ver 1.9.3 does not work correctley i have to run 1.9.1.8 to work ok

Good luck let me know how you get on
  • 55.4% (Neutral)
13 years ago
steve wrote:

Hi i use 1and1 as my provider this is my conection string that works

This works fine but ver 1.9.3 does not work correctley i have to run 1.9.1.8 to work ok

Good luck let me know how you get on

Thanks for the idea but it is still a no go I can't get either version to connect to the database and the the beta one gets stuck on a security issue.

I have the 1 and 1 shared win hosting with MS SQL database is that the same setup you are running?
YAF Logo Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved
About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.