YAFLogo

Lmo
  • Lmo
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
14 years ago
Hi everyone, I downloaded YAF and unzipped it in the IIS server's shared directory where other web site/apps reside. It now sits in a structure like this: C:\SharedIISFolder\DiscussionForum\.

I modified the app.config to show: .

I created the SQL Server database and modified the db.config file with the proper connection string.

When I try to launch the install.aspx page I get an error:

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

A name was started with an invalid character. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/SharedIISFolder/DiscussionForum/Yet...

<%@ Page Language="c#" CodeFile="default.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="True" Inherits="YAF.Install._default" %>

-^

I am a newbie to installing freeware/shareware IIS applications and am familiar (at a newbie level) with the ASP config files. I am probably doing something wrong that is very basic. Any help to get the rest of the installer to run would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsor

YAF Logo Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved
About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.