YAFLogo

jleuze
  • jleuze
  • 52.4% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
13 years ago
Is there an exit strategy for YAF, any other forum apps at all that a YAF install can be migrated to?
Sponsor

Jaben
  • Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
13 years ago
You can check out of YAF any time you like, but you can never leave.

Not sure this is a serious question. Are you asking if the development team has made YAF to other forum conversion software? Why would we put our time into that?

If you are interested in YAF conversion... a simple google search will turn up a few things. Also remember, YAF is just a database -- there is no "lock" on the data.

jleuze
  • jleuze
  • 52.4% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
13 years ago
Jaben wrote:

You can check out of YAF any time you like, but you can never leave.

That's actually exactly what I was expecting to hear :-d

Of course I'm serious, but no, I don't expect that YAF's developers would have taken the time to make a converter.

However I was hoping that someone had come up with a converter!

I am managing a YAF forum for a WordPress powered website, so of course I'd like to migrate the forum to bbPress so that I can integrate the forum and the rest of the website.

I checked out all of the other ASP forum apps that I could find. I thought that it would be easiest to migrate to something similar, but they all seem pretty old or crude.

Of course I checked out phpBB to see if there was a converter for that, but it looks unlikely.

It looks like it might be possible with vBulletin, using ImpEx, but YAF is a tier 3 app and not supported. I'd prefer to migrate to another open source platform like phpBB or bbPress.

So are there any converters at all, surely someone must have outgrown YAF?