YAFLogo

slipperybeans
14 years ago
I'm getting reports that certain people can't go inside any threads, while others have no problem.
I assume it has something to do with a setting that some users have that others don't in their user records.

Here is a copy of what I see in the error log:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at System.Array.Clear(Array array, Int32 index, Int32 length) at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Clear() at YAF.Providers.Profile.YafProfileProvider.LoadFromPropertyCollection(SettingsPropertyCollection collection) in C:\Users\Joe\Documents\My Work\dev\YAF-v1.9.3-FINAL\YAF.Providers\Profile\YafProfileProvider.cs:line 131 at YAF.Providers.Profile.YafProfileProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection collection) in C:\Users\Joe\Documents\My Work\dev\YAF-v1.9.3-FINAL\YAF.Providers\Profile\YafProfileProvider.cs:line 400 at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider) at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName) at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName) at System.Web.Profile.ProfileBase.GetInternal(String propertyName) at System.Web.Profile.ProfileBase.get_Item(String propertyName) at YAF.Classes.Utils.YafUserProfile.get_Homepage() in C:\Users\Joe\Documents\My Work\dev\YAF-v1.9.3-FINAL\YAF.Classes\YAF.Classes.Utils\UserProfile.cs:line 49 at YAF.Controls.DisplayPost.DisplayPost_PreRender(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

If someone could at least give me an idea of what the code is trying to do there, that would maybe help me start looking for the data that is causing this problem with some of our users.

Sponsor

Jaben
  • Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
14 years ago
Very strange... Clear() is an internal function that clears the array -- not sure why there would be an out of bounds array there... what type of configuration is the server in?
slipperybeans
14 years ago
I'm not quite sure how to answer the question about the configuration.
It is being hosted on cloud servers at Mosso/Rackspace.
The OS is Win 2008 and the DB is SQL Server 2008, and .Net3.5

If you could give me a sense of what the data is that is involved in this part, then I can try to look at the differences in the user profiles to find what separates the ones with this problem from the ones that don't raise this error.

Thanks
mothswiller
14 years ago
Yes i'm getting this on more than a few ocasions now - same stack trace. It seems to occur when avatars are changed. I'm looking at it.
mothswiller
14 years ago
In fact a few weeks ago when I had this error - I was able to debug the application whilst pointing at my production database. I remember the code blew up when reading in bytes from an avatar that was too big. The modal popup occured informing that the avatar was to be resized, but then after that, all subsequent attempts to read a topic resulted in this stack trace:

YAF Logo Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved
About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.