YAFLogo

midwestSS
  • midwestSS
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF MVP Topic Starter
14 years ago
i fixed the issue with people not being able to log on after the upgrade..
i had to use the 1.9.1 webconfig file cuz i started on 1.9.1 upgraded to 1.9.3 RC2 and now 1.9.3 final.
but now a new user cannot register to www.silveradoss.net

help?
Sponsor

midwestSS
  • midwestSS
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF MVP Topic Starter
14 years ago
more info, if it helps

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at YAF.Pages.register.CreateUserWizard1_CreatingUser(Object sender, LoginCancelEventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnCreatingUser(LoginCancelEventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.AttemptCreateUser()
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnNextButtonClick(WizardNavigationEventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.WizardChildTable.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
midwestSS
  • midwestSS
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF MVP Topic Starter
14 years ago
i think i found the solution??
i did a backup of the database.. once backed up it looks like i can register again.

does 1.9.3 require real complex passwords like "Tornado+1" as opposed to "tornado"?
mr3xcellent
14 years ago
I'm curious on how doing a database backup helped?

I've run into the issue where there is no "Register" link showing up, but the "Log In" link is there.

Of course I tried backing up the Database, but it didn't help me... 🙂 Anything else you did?

possibly useful info:
YAF 1.9.3 upgraded from 1.9.1.8
Windows Server 2008 running in a cloud
SQLExpress 2008
IIS7
.NET 2.0

-mr3xcellent
Mek
  • Mek
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
14 years ago
Default web.configs do require a complex password. You want the password complexitiy settings for the membership provider to make it easier...
Odd you were getting that exceptiont though.

UserPostedImage

"It's a case of RTFM.. the only problem being we don't have a manual!"

When I post FP:Mek in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Ederon 🙂 )
midwestSS
  • midwestSS
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF MVP Topic Starter
14 years ago
yeah it was weird, first no one could log in. then you clued me into using the 191 webconfig, so i pulled the one from my 1.9.3 RC setup that i still had (cuz it was a 191 to 193RC2 upgraded site), and they could log in
as an admin, i couldnt even add a user.. the screen would just blink at me.
after doing a full backup and shrinking the database, users could register, albiet, its telling them they need a complex password that needs apparently, 8 charecters, one upper case , a number , AND a special charecter.
YAF Logo Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved
About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.