mddubs
  •  mddubs
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer Topic Starter
2008-12-12T06:47:04Z
So we've all noticed the shoes100 jackass posting spam recently. I've reported a few of his posts as spam, but frankly I'm tired of even doing that. And he'll just change his name and create a new account.

How does YAF handle spam and in general, what's the best way to block spammers? Block the IP?
UserPostedImage 
www.bunkerhollow.com  | www.careercomputing.com 
When I post fp:mddubs in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Mek 🙂, who stole this off Ederon 🙂 )
Sponsor
Mek
  •  Mek
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2008-12-12T07:27:13Z
You mean they are not providing a valuable public service in telling us about their wonderfully cheap designer shoes? Surely you jest.

IP's generally a good way to go, but spam will always be a problem no matter what solution you go with imo.

UserPostedImage 

"It's a case of RTFM.. the only problem being we don't have a manual!"

When I post FP:Mek in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Ederon 🙂 )

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.