YAFLogo

lukecalvert1
14 years ago
Hey Guys and Gals,

Desperately in need of your help here. So I run boxingcapital.com and want to install a forum. I've installed YAF through GoDaddy and all was easy but now I am struggling on a couple of counts - Probably silly things but this is all new to me I'm afraid.

1. How can I create more forums than just the test? I'm logged in as admin but can't do it.
2. How do i change the font colours? The theme i'm happy with but some of the title font cant be read on my dark background.
3. Why don't my links work? The home page link works but the other links dont on the forum page.

www.boxingcapital.com/yetanotherforum  will show you where i'm at right now!

Please please help!

Thank you in advance, its really appreciated
Sponsor

test2005
14 years ago
lukecalvert1 wrote:

1. How can I create more forums than just the test? I'm logged in as admin but can't do it.

Check your Admin account has the "Is Host" setting true. Then all of the options will appear.

lukecalvert1 wrote:

2. How do i change the font colours? The theme i'm happy with but some of the title font cant be read on my dark background.

Edit the CSS file inside of the theme you display by default. Everything is in there. Make SURE you copy the file BEFORE you make changes. In case you mess something up.

Also keep in mind some hosting providers have CACHing set a bit high, your changes may take a couple refreshes to appear.

lukecalvert1 wrote:

3. Why don't my links work? The home page link works but the other links dont on the forum page.

By links you mean menu's? No idea, maybe a blackhole has formed over the server, sucking off all tags!!! :O

:P

.....the man in black fled across the desert..........and the gunslinger followed.....
YAF Logo Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved
About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.