YAFLogo

schworak
  • schworak
  • 55.4% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling
13 years ago
DJGray wrote:

schworak wrote:

That is a long time for RC2 to be sitting isn't it?

Perhaps, if this were a commercial product with a team of full-time devs working on it. But it isn't. This is an excellent piece of free software that is provided via the generosity of developers who are building it as a project in their spare time. So, no. that's not a long time for it to be sitting in RC2.

Oh, I wasn't complaining. I am a developer myself and I know how much work goes into these types of things. But normally, even in a freeware type of situation, there is an RC3 in that amount of time or something. I just hadn't seen anything in the way of patches (may have missed it) so thougth I should ask.

Good to see it hasn't stalled. I think it is a fantastic forum. I started writing my own then saw that 1.9.3 was under way with all the features I wanted so I put mine on the shelf. Editable BB codes was my number one item on the wish list. So I am super happy to see that.

Jaben
  • Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer Topic Starter
13 years ago
schworak wrote:

DJGray wrote:

schworak wrote:

That is a long time for RC2 to be sitting isn't it?

Perhaps, if this were a commercial product with a team of full-time devs working on it. But it isn't. This is an excellent piece of free software that is provided via the generosity of developers who are building it as a project in their spare time. So, no. that's not a long time for it to be sitting in RC2.

Oh, I wasn't complaining. I am a developer myself and I know how much work goes into these types of things. But normally, even in a freeware type of situation, there is an RC3 in that amount of time or something. I just hadn't seen anything in the way of patches (may have missed it) so thougth I should ask.

Good to see it hasn't stalled. I think it is a fantastic forum. I started writing my own then saw that 1.9.3 was under way with all the features I wanted so I put mine on the shelf. Editable BB codes was my number one item on the wish list. So I am super happy to see that.

https://sourceforge.net/project/platformdownload.php?group_id=90539&sel_platform=15598 

I'll update the support site tomorrow with changelog and actual post.

jpareti
  • jpareti
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling
13 years ago
Jaben -- congratulations on the release!!
herman_herman
13 years ago
Hello

My sincere congratulation on release.Hard works resulted in success.

Please note that there is a problem with clean installation from sourceforge release:

Quote:

"Could not find dbo.yaf_board_list..."

I bypassed it by commenting out line 58 in Default.aspx.cs in install folder and everything worked flawlessly.

I don't know if this is just something for me but the forum performance blow out dust everywhere.Thumb up guys:-d

Jaben
  • Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
13 years ago
Thanks herman_herman... a little release oversight. The package has been updated.
DJGray
  • DJGray
  • 88.8% (Honored)
  • YAF Commander
13 years ago
Sorry for the obtuse question here. What's involved in deploying the new release?

Is it just a matter of copying the new over the existing and making appropriate alterations to the web.config?

Are there any updates to the DB?

john123
  • john123
  • 51.8% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling
13 years ago
Hi Jaben

You have done a great job.

Jaben
  • Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)