dizzy0ny
  •  dizzy0ny
  • 58.4% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2008-09-26T21:23:36Z
Hi,
I have 3 questions i hope someone can answer.

1. is there a way to modify a user's access such that he/she can have access to only certain forums and can only make a finite number of posts to that forum? Basically what i would like to do is: for users that violate the TOS, reduce their posting privilege such that they can post only 5 times in a 24hr period and can only post on certain forums. Is this possible?

2. Also, with YAF, can i display google adds on the right side of my page rather than in the forums themselves?

3. Lastly, is it possible to give users the ability to display or not display their email? For privacy purposes, i would like users to have the option to not display their email if they so chose.

thanks much for any response.
Sponsor
test2005
2008-09-28T05:45:11Z
to answer your questions....

1. You would have to create this functionality yourself. Other than manually suspending the user, or changing the global "Post editing timeout" setting.

2. You'd have to strip out the code that places the ads in-flow of the messages, displaying them on the right.

3. ATM...this can only be set in "Host Settings" globally. Another mod I'm afraid.

.....the man in black fled across the desert..........and the gunslinger followed.....
dizzy0ny
  •  dizzy0ny
  • 58.4% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2008-09-28T19:30:01Z
test2005 wrote:

to answer your questions....

1. You would have to create this functionality yourself. Other than manually suspending the user, or changing the global "Post editing timeout" setting.

2. You'd have to strip out the code that places the ads in-flow of the messages, displaying them on the right.

3. ATM...this can only be set in "Host Settings" globally. Another mod I'm afraid.

You mentioned that the 3rd item can be set globally in Host Settings. I don't see an option to toggle display of email on or off in host settings. Where exactly is this?

I don't mind taking a shot at some of these. Will have to get more familiar with the code however. Any general pointers on where in the code and databasae such information are handled?

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.