YAFLogo

plozzman
  • plozzman
  • 67.4% (Friendly)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
14 years ago
Is there an option in Yaf where you can go to the next post or the previous post in a forum. It seems on the surface that there is not.

Is this something that could be added in a future release.

Sponsor

Jaben
  • Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
14 years ago
moved to requests... well there previous topic, next topic... any examples of this on other forums?
test2005
14 years ago
The asp.net forums have it. I personally don't care for them!
.....the man in black fled across the desert..........and the gunslinger followed.....

plozzman
  • plozzman
  • 67.4% (Friendly)
14 years ago
Jaben wrote:

moved to requests... well there previous topic, next topic... any examples of this on other forums?

Here is an example of the previous/next post at simplemachines  at the top & bottom of the page.

plozzman
  • plozzman
  • 67.4% (Friendly)
14 years ago
test2005 wrote:

The asp.net forums have it. I personally don't care for them!

There good from a user point of view, if you are browsing a forum you don't need to go back to the main page you just press next or previous. Makes the user experience better I think...:)

Jaben
  • Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
14 years ago
Still not entirely sure what it's for...
test2005
14 years ago
Example...if this forum had 10 new topics, the prev/next thread button would do exactly that. Move to the prev or next thread.

Problem is, on a large forum (like this one), using these buttons, your forced to look at every single thread. For smaller forums it's fine.

Still, could be a good option. Just one I wouldn't enable.

M2CW

:P

.....the man in black fled across the desert..........and the gunslinger followed.....

plozzman
  • plozzman
  • 67.4% (Friendly)
14 years ago
Another example at C# Forums