sparkymark75
2008-08-17T02:27:22Z
I know I've got another couple of threads going but I thought it better to keep problems seperate for anybody else that's having similar issues.

When a user tries to register via the user registration screen, their account appears to be created in the yaf_prov_Membership table but the user is presented with the following error;

The parameter 'username' must not be empty.

The line which is flagged up is;

// setup inital roles (if any) for this user
Line 261:			RoleMembershipHelper.SetupUserRoles(YafContext.Current.PageBoardID, CreateUserWizard1.UserName);

in the file forum\pages\register.ascx.cs
Sponsor
sparkymark75
2008-08-17T11:46:28Z
Can't get to the root of what's causing this. I've downloaded the latest files from SourceForge, compiled them and deployed them to the server, but I'm still getting the exact same error :evil:
sparkymark75
2008-09-13T01:59:37Z
Little help anyone 😞
sparkymark75
2008-09-13T03:13:39Z
OK, managed to get past that error. I can now get past the username, password, etc entry screen. However, now I can't get past the next screen, the one that asks for location, homepage, etc.

I get the following error;

System.Configuration.SettingsPropertyNotFoundException: The settings property 'Location' was not found.

The line that's flagged up is;

userProfile.Location = locationTextBox.Text.Trim();

The Location column exists in the dbo.yaf_prov_Profile table.
test2005
2008-09-13T06:28:45Z
are you sure you have a clean install of the DB? I had similar problems a week or two ago, it ended up being he IIS user for SQL did not have "sysadmin" rights to the DB.

HTH

.....the man in black fled across the desert..........and the gunslinger followed.....
sparkymark75
2008-09-13T07:10:35Z
test2005 wrote:

are you sure you have a clean install of the DB? I had similar problems a week or two ago, it ended up being he IIS user for SQL did not have "sysadmin" rights to the DB.

HTH

No because it was an upgrade of an existing 1.7.1 (?) install.

The user is still created, they still receive an email and they can activate their account. They can then go to their My profile page and update their location which works :?
martijnvm
2009-06-04T22:02:37Z
Hi sparkymark75,

I have the same problem when registering new users. The username is null on line 259 of the register UserControl.

Line 259: MembershipUser user = Membership.GetUser(CreateUserWizard1.UserName);

This problem is driving me nuts!

Could you please tell me if you've solved this and how?

Thanks!

Martijn

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.