whiteg
  •  whiteg
  • 59% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2008-05-28T03:36:44Z
Hello

I have a scenario where I want multiple forums but the registered user can only see his/her forum. Is this possible and exactly how would I do it. I will programmatically authenticate the user on my site and then redirect thm to their forum.

They should only see their forum and no one elses.

Many Thanks

G
Sponsor
XeE
  •  XeE
  • 84.2% (Honored)
  • YAF Forumling
2008-05-28T09:25:58Z
are you talking about the topics. if some one create a topic then he/she can only view that topic or you are talking about multiple groups? you don't want all the groups to view all the forums, just want specific group to view specific forum???
whiteg
  •  whiteg
  • 59% (Neutral)
2008-05-28T10:53:21Z
XeE wrote:

are you talking about the topics. if some one create a topic then he/she can only view that topic or you are talking about multiple groups? you don't want all the groups to view all the forums, just want specific group to view specific forum???

No not topics - Forums. The scenario is that I need to create forums that are based on geographical locations - therefore, I will get the users address from my database and direct them to their forum. Becuase there are so many locations, I dont want the users to see forums from other locations. There will be approx 4000 locations and therefore 4000 seperate forums. I dont want the user to have to select their forum from a list of 4000...
XeE
  •  XeE
  • 84.2% (Honored)
  • YAF Forumling
2008-05-30T09:31:19Z
4000 forums... wOwww!!!! , welL you can do one thing. At the time of registration, when user enter his/her location, register that user in the particular group of that location, for this you have to create 4000 groups through admin, then save every user to that particular group to which he should belong. and after that when user logged in you can restrict him/her to view only particular forum. i have done this in my forums. i have two types of members, HSC/ USPTA. If user is of type HSC then i register him to HSC group otherwise USPTA group. For this i have created two groups in database through admin section of YAF Forums. You have to do some coding, but you can do it easily ^_^

CheErS!!!
whiteg
  •  whiteg
  • 59% (Neutral)
2008-06-03T04:29:34Z
XeE wrote:

4000 forums... wOwww!!!! , welL you can do one thing. At the time of registration, when user enter his/her location, register that user in the particular group of that location, for this you have to create 4000 groups through admin, then save every user to that particular group to which he should belong. and after that when user logged in you can restrict him/her to view only particular forum. i have done this in my forums. i have two types of members, HSC/ USPTA. If user is of type HSC then i register him to HSC group otherwise USPTA group. For this i have created two groups in database through admin section of YAF Forums. You have to do some coding, but you can do it easily ^_^

CheErS!!!

Thanks for the reply -

I have tried but Im not getting expected results

Could you tell me how you set the groups and access masks?

Thanks