YAFLogo

Steve2106
  • Steve2106
  • 53% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
14 years ago
Hi There,

I have tried moving the forum files into it's own directory but I am failing to get it to work.

My original setup was to have the forum in a root directory called "TestForum". It works fine. I have now moved it to "TestForum/yaf" now it does not work. I have looked at the documentation but it is a bit hard to follow.

It mentions something about /yaf but I get errors when I add this to web.config. Does anyone have a web.config I can see for me to addapt to what I need or a more friendly documentation to follow.

Your help is appreciated.

Best Regards,

Steve.

Sponsor
XeE
  • XeE
  • 84.2% (Honored)
  • YAF Forumling
14 years ago
add this in yafnet.config file, don't remember exactly as i am using other computer. try this one. and what error you are getting. do let me know

CheErS!

XeE!

Mek
  • Mek
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
14 years ago
From instal.txt

Quote:

If YetAnotherForum.net isn't installed at the root of your web

server, make sure the files in the bin directory of the zip file

is copied to /bin on your web server. Also you'll need to add the

element to the yafnet.config to point to the correct URL.

Example: If you have install the forum in the directory "/forum/yaf/"

you will need to add /forum/yaf/ to web.config.

UserPostedImage

"It's a case of RTFM.. the only problem being we don't have a manual!"

When I post FP:Mek in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Ederon 🙂 )

Steve2106
  • Steve2106
  • 53% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
14 years ago
Hi Mek,

Thanks for the reply.

That worked. I was putting ~/yaf until I noticed in your post /forum/yaf/ which actualy includes the root folder also.

I put /testforum/yaf/ into yafnet.config and all is working well. Did not know where to put it in web.config!

Thanks for the help.

Best Regards,

Steve.