guest
2006-07-31T13:35:35Z
Hello,
I just recently launched an site and after a few days worth of activity, we are seeing serious performance issues with the forums. The site was load tested extensively and held up very well under a heavy load after making one modification to an index in the yaf_Active table to eliminate a deadlocking issue that we were seeing. So, I'm reluctant to think that it's a load issue at this point, but I'm not sure what else could be impacting performance this dramatically.

http://community.constantcontact.com/forum/ 

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Brian

Sponsor
guest
2006-07-31T13:56:47Z
I believe that I have identified the problem. We had an invalid IP address for the SMTP server in the Host Settings. As soon as I removed the IP all together, the boards starting performing normally again....
guest
2006-07-31T15:06:56Z
What is the exact change you did?
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2006-07-31T20:27:46Z
bpiccolo wrote:

I believe that I have identified the problem. We had an invalid IP address for the SMTP server in the Host Settings. As soon as I removed the IP all together, the boards starting performing normally again....



Glad you worked it out.
test2005
2006-08-07T02:09:34Z
If the SMTP setting caused your server to slow down, you have a serious DNS issue!! Make sure your server has entries for all IP's (and domains!) or it will just run in a circle!!
.....the man in black fled across the desert..........and the gunslinger followed.....
trungtq
2010-06-21T17:36:44Z
I recently launched an site used yetanotherforum. After several days of activities that yaf I have a very serious problem that is performance, site load very slowly and frequent table lock or deadlock, with the topic have much messages, the problem worse. I think that members yaf development should focus on the performance of the system (especially stored procedure) and avoid load all data to web server. Sorry about the english is not good. Hope later versions will be better yaf, respectfully.

My site:
http://forum.sanotc.com 
Nothing is impossible
http://forum.sanotc.com 
BWG
  •  BWG
  • 99.4% (Exalted)
  • YAF Lover
2010-06-26T06:29:45Z
trungtq wrote:

I recently launched an site used yetanotherforum. After several days of activities that yaf I have a very serious problem that is performance, site load very slowly and frequent table lock or deadlock, with the topic have much messages, the problem worse. I think that members yaf development should focus on the performance of the system (especially stored procedure) and avoid load all data to web server. Sorry about the english is not good. Hope later versions will be better yaf, respectfully.

My site:
http://forum.sanotc.com 



Did you migrate your content from another forum?

You've got some huge threads! I think some have over 5000 pages. That's a very impressive forum you have, even though I don't understand a word of it. I found the performance quite good when I had a look.

😁
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2010-06-26T18:34:27Z
trungtq wrote:

I recently launched an site used yetanotherforum. After several days of activities that yaf I have a very serious problem that is performance, site load very slowly and frequent table lock or deadlock, with the topic have much messages, the problem worse. I think that members yaf development should focus on the performance of the system (especially stored procedure) and avoid load all data to web server. Sorry about the english is not good. Hope later versions will be better yaf, respectfully.

My site:
http://forum.sanotc.com 


Sorry to hear you're having problems. Any specifics on the speed problems would be appreciated. For instance, do you know which stored procedure you've having speed problems with? Have you tried the latest version of YAF (v1.9.4 RC4) that includes quite a few performance improvements?
trungtq
2010-10-07T05:08:38Z
Jaben wrote:

trungtq wrote:

I recently launched an site used yetanotherforum. After several days of activities that yaf I have a very serious problem that is performance, site load very slowly and frequent table lock or deadlock, with the topic have much messages, the problem worse. I think that members yaf development should focus on the performance of the system (especially stored procedure) and avoid load all data to web server. Sorry about the english is not good. Hope later versions will be better yaf, respectfully.

My site:
http://forum.sanotc.com 


Sorry to hear you're having problems. Any specifics on the speed problems would be appreciated. For instance, do you know which stored procedure you've having speed problems with? Have you tried the latest version of YAF (v1.9.4 RC4) that includes quite a few performance improvements?




Thanks Jaben.
Performance slow with table have large data
ex:
a. Stored procedure "yaf_user_list" with table yaf_User and table yaf_Prov_Membership very slow when load More 200000 user (Members in my forum)
b. Stored procedure "yaf_topic_list" slow when load topic have large messages.

Reason: "yaf_user_list" and "yaf_topic_list" not paging in stored procedure, instead they're load all data and paging in web server.
My Solution: I tried paging in stored procedure

respectfully.







Nothing is impossible
http://forum.sanotc.com 
bbobb
  •  bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2010-10-07T09:46:25Z
trungtq wrote:


Reason: "yaf_user_list" and "yaf_topic_list" not paging in stored procedure, instead they're load all data and paging in web server.
My Solution: I tried paging in stored procedure


Yes, only database paging makes it work fast. You've done what's required.😎
Current version works faster as some things are separated, but it still returns too many tuples to work faster. IMO.

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.

Powered by Resharper Donate with PayPal button

Project Twitter Updates

Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved