YAFLogo

kheiser
  • kheiser
  • 57.4% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter YAF Version: 4
a month ago
This issue also related to search, but it's different from the issues in the other thread.  I think this might also be related to the forum pages being in the /Forums route but the controllers being in the root of the application.  Basically, I'm seeing any link generated in a controller have the route of the controller appended to the start instead of /Forums, and the rest of the link not being properly resolved.  

For example the link to the post in search should be 
/forums/Posts/PostName

but instead it's coming showing up as 

/Search/GetSearchResults?t=48&name=PostName&page=/Posts

Quick reply has a similar issue.

The link is coming from YAFNET.Core\Services\LinkBuilder.cs from the GetLink() method.  I'm not totally sure how this function works, or why it's different when being called from a controller.  Links for regular pages seem to be working fine.  I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I have something misconfigured.  

Sponsor

tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 3.0.3
a month ago
The problem is inside the controllers the link builder isn't aware or the area.

I already resolved this issue by setting an area name in the appsettings...

https://github.com/YAFNET/YAF.SampleWebApplication/blob/afdff70d5d34919263fdd85bf8a01682df6c3769/YAF.SampleApp/appsettings.json#L31 

Then the link bilder generates the correct link. This will be fixed in 4.0.0 beta 6
kheiser
  • kheiser
  • 57.4% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter YAF Version: 4
22 days ago
I was still seeing the quick reply issue after the last update.  In line with some of the other changes you made, I changed line 260 in PostsModalController.cs to 

new { m = newMessage.ID, t = this.PageBoardContext.PageTopicID, name = this.PageBoardContext.PageTopic.TopicName }));

This seems to fix the issue.  

It looks like there are other places where a similar change might be applied, but I haven't found any specific bugs around it, so I'm not sure.
tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 3.0.3
21 days ago
This affects all message links. They all do not work if the topic id is not provided. I split up the posts page in to a post page. 

Now it generates topic links like...
/Posts/[topicID]/topic-name

and post  links like...
/Post/[PostID]/topic-name
YAF Logo Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved
About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.