YAFLogo

BWG
  • BWG
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Lover Topic Starter
2 months ago
Hi,

When viewing a topic the page buttons appear under the posts. Is there an option to also display above the posts or perhaps show a text box which allows you to type in the page number and go directly to it?

As an example here is a link to a topic on my forum which has just been upgraded to 3.1.8. The page buttons only appear under the posts,

https://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twocommunity/Posts/t23182-Model-Output-thread--4th-September-12-30/page47 

Thanks

BWG

Sponsor

tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 3.0.3
2 months ago
I added back the linked pager option here...

https://github.com/YAFNET/YAFNET/commit/f05371bc3cd39d3454cdd5fcd7675aeb0e004bca 

that means you can now add a second pager on the posts page

<YAF:Pager ID="PagerTop" runat="server" LinkedPager="Pager" UsePostBack="False" />
BWG
  • BWG
  • 100% (Exalted)
2 months ago
Thanks. That seems to work fine. 👍 

I'm also putting an additional breadcrumb at the bottom on the page by adding a second PageLinks control and giving it an ID PageLinksBottom. That doesn't cause any problems as far as I can tell.

<YAF:PageLinks ID="PageLinksBottom" runat="server" />
BWG
  • BWG
  • 100% (Exalted)
2 months ago
Actually I'm getting a strange intermittent problem which happens when the linked pager is present. The forum error page is displaced and I've attached the stacktrace from it in a text file.

It only happens on some threads and I can't identify a pattern other than perhaps when there are more than X (50???) pages in the thread. Another odd thing is the path in the stacktrace (C:\inetpub\wwwroot\YAFNET_3_1_8_source) is not correct for my server so I don't know where it is being picked up from.   

pager_stacktrace.txt You have insufficient rights to see the content.

tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 3.0.3
2 months ago
BWG
  • BWG
  • 100% (Exalted)
2 months ago
In that committ you have:

var addControl = !(user.IsGuest && !this.PageBoardContext.IsAdmin);

That does not compile and I think it should be:

var addControl = !(user.ActiveFlags.IsGuest && !this.PageBoardContext.IsAdmin);
YAF Logo Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved
About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.