YAFLogo

OrdinaryNimda
  • OrdinaryNimda
  • 69.4% (Friendly)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter YAF Version: 3.12
8 months ago
This is for Version 3.12 of the DNN Module. The PASTE function in MS-EDGE does not work, neither thru righ-click Paste, neither thru keyboard Ctrl-V, nor Ctrl-Shift-V. It does work in Google-Chrome and FireFox. Is there a more up to date editor-connector to be downloaded?

Also, where can you disable the "AUTOSAVE" functionality of the Editor?

Sponsor

tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead šŸ¤“ YAF Version: 3.0.3
8 months ago
Quote:

This is for Version 3.12 of the DNN Module. The PASTE function in MS-EDGE does not work, neither thru righ-click Paste, neither thru keyboard Ctrl-V, nor Ctrl-Shift-V. It does work in Google-Chrome and FireFox. Is there a more up to date editor-connector to be downloaded?

In my tests it works perfect with latest version of Edge 99.0.1150.36.

Did you upgraded from a previous version? If yes did you try to clear the browser cache to reload the js files. Also are there any js errrors in the browser console?

Quote:

Also, where can you disable the "AUTOSAVE" functionality of the Editor?

At the moment you would need to modify the source code. But if its wanted i can make it optional in the next release.

OrdinaryNimda
  • OrdinaryNimda
  • 69.4% (Friendly)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter YAF Version: 3.12
8 months ago
Yes, upgrade, however 3.02 worked only partially. Mouse right-click was "hijacked" by the engine, but Ctrl-V worked. Now not even Ctrl-C works. Is there any way to disable mouse-right click on the PostMessage and Posts pages and leave it on default by the operating system? Sometimes clicking links in messages in "Open New window" is very useful, for example. Or right-click SELECT on some text and then COPY selection is also useful,... etc.

I did a complete CLEAR CACHE on the EDGE Browser (Version 99.0.1150.36 (Official build) (64-bit)). PostMessage, has many errors when entering data:

  • JS error: POPPER.JS is required for Bootstrap

  • /DesktopModules/YetAnotherForumDotNet/Scripts/ckeditor/plugins/emoji/emoji.json?t=LAHF:1 (EMOJI not working in the Editor, just empty selection; this worked with no problems in 3.02)

  • Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'list'); ckeditor.js:947

  • Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'toArray'); ckeditor.js:959

Obviously a versioning error for the CKEDITOR. Maybe I did not do a proper UPGRADE INSTALL when I went from 2.xx to 3.02 last year. However, there were no errors when doing upgrade YAF extension for DNN.

AUTOSAVE - it is mostly a distraction, when typing. (I think it should be hidden, or at least not covering the text in the TEXTAREA, and given a much greater timeout. It might be still be useful for many people though, when entering large texts...)

Thanx for your time & effort. I have been using YAF DNN Module since about 2016, there were no crashes, or intrusions, and everything works great. So, this is great forum software! šŸ‘

tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead šŸ¤“ YAF Version: 3.0.3
8 months ago
Quote:

Obviously a versioning error for the CKEDITOR. Maybe I did not do a proper UPGRADE INSTALL when I went from 2.xx to 3.02 last year. However, there wereĀ no errorsĀ when doing upgrade YAF extension for DNN.

Does the copy & paste work here in the forum? By the way the editor in 3.0.2 and 3.1.2 is the same

Quote:

Is there any way to disable mouse-right click on theĀ PostMessageĀ andĀ PostsĀ pages and leave it on default by the operating system? Sometimes clicking links in messages in "Open New window" is very useful, for example.Ā 

Why not simply use Shift-click to open in new window or CTRL-click to open in new tab. Its much faster

Quote:

/DesktopModules/YetAnotherForumDotNet/Scripts/ckeditor/plugins/emoji/emoji.json?t=LAHF:1 (EMOJI not working in the Editor, just empty selection; this worked with no problems in 3.02)

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'list'); ckeditor.js:947

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'toArray'); ckeditor.js:959

Looks like the json files are missing in the install package. This will be fixed in 3.1.3

Quote:

AUTOSAVEĀ - it is mostly a distraction, when typing. (I think it should be hidden, or at least not covering the text in the TEXTAREA, and given a much greater timeout. It might be still be useful for many people though, when entering large texts...)

If you find this popup anoying then i could move that message to the statusbar in the footer.

OrdinaryNimda
  • OrdinaryNimda
  • 69.4% (Friendly)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter YAF Version: 3.12
8 months ago
Yeah, thanx for this.

Copy/paste in this YAF Support forum works like in 3.02, so the mouse cannot be used for normal righ-click, but the keyboard works fine:

  • On the Posts page, if there are links to be right-clicked, or I want to SELECT some text, I cannot do it with the mouse. However, copy-paste DOES work thru the keyboard. So I can select what I want and press Ctrl-C.

  • On this PostMessage itĀ works like this in EDGE:

    - Ctrl-V "paste" works properly, which is the same as above;

    - Right-click "Paste" does NOT work, there is a small popup, probably from the CKEDITOR:Ā "PressĀ Ctrl+VĀ to paste. Your browser doesnā€˜t support pasting with the toolbar button or context menu option." (NOTE: pasting with the mouse works properly in Firefox and GoogleChrome, so might be an old IE7 versioning issue, my wild guess).

The AUTOSAVE functionality... Yes! If it is active, it should not cover text or functionality buttons. Maybe should be "unobtrusive" in the status bar, near the Characters (with HTML) counter.

Ā 

tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead šŸ¤“ YAF Version: 3.0.3
8 months ago
Quote:

On theĀ PostsĀ page, if there are links to be right-clicked, or I want to SELECT some text, I cannot do it with the mouse. However, copy-paste DOES work thru the keyboard. So I can select what I want and press Ctrl-C.

Copy text will be included in the context menu in YAF 3.1.3Ā 

Quote:

Right-click "Paste" does NOT work, there is a small popup, probably from the CKEDITOR:Ā "PressĀ Ctrl+VĀ to paste. Your browser doesnā€˜t support pasting with the toolbar button or context menu option."Ā (NOTE: pasting with the mouse works properly in Firefox and GoogleChrome, so might be an old IE7 versioning issue, my wild guess).

I was getting the same message, but i updated to the latest version of edgeĀ Version 99.0.1150.39 and now the notification is gone.