BasedGod
  •  BasedGod
  • 57.8% (Neutral)
  • YAF Camper Topic Starter
2020-09-30T00:39:36Z
Since upgrading to the latest version I noticed youtube autoembed isn't working from a link. Is there a way (Maybe regex?) to get that function back? Also is there a way to do it with images as well? Most of my users are mobile based so it's kinda awkward sometimes embedding (even though it's simple) the way embed works now.
Sponsor
tha_watcha
2020-10-06T06:25:02Z
As for the images, this wont change. the problem is that image urls cant always be detected as images.

But the current solution clicking the image button and then insert the image url, works fine for me too on mobile. I think it would be a good idea to make this as solution for youtube links too.
UserPostedImage
BasedGod
  •  BasedGod
  • 57.8% (Neutral)
2020-10-06T19:28:05Z
Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

As for the images, this wont change. the problem is that image urls cant always be detected as images.

But the current solution clicking the image button and then insert the image url, works fine for me too on mobile. I think it would be a good idea to make this as solution for youtube links too.

Definitely something they want back as far as YouTube is concerned. I guess I'll try to hobble something together. So that feature is confirmed gone?
tha_watcha
2020-10-07T17:46:08Z
Well i guess I have to find a new solution. Maybe automatically adding the YouTube tags when pasting an url in to the editor would work.
UserPostedImage
BasedGod
  •  BasedGod
  • 57.8% (Neutral)
2020-10-07T21:05:44Z
Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

Well i guess I have to find a new solution. Maybe automatically adding the YouTube tags when pasting an url in to the editor would work.

I'll see if I can do that using the BBcode HTML \ regex thinger
tha_watcha
2020-10-08T00:52:39Z
Sorry but I don't why not use my solution?
UserPostedImage
tha_watcha
2020-10-10T23:03:58Z
Auto embed of youtube urls is back in yaf 2.31.09!
UserPostedImage
johnk
  •  johnk
  • 74.8% (Friendly)
  • YAF All-the-Time
2020-10-20T04:10:18Z
When user embeds youtube URL, does YAF (a) loads the iframe youtube tag (which when clicked starts video) or (b) shows video image (which when clicked loads youtube iframe tag and video autoplay)?
tha_watcha
2020-10-20T06:08:57Z

Why not simply try it out? It loads the iframe.
UserPostedImage

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.