tecman
  •  tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
2020-03-03T11:48:17Z
A new info circle UI item appeared after upgrade to YAF 2.31.1:

info circle item.png

We consider this extra element does not bring much information. What is more important - at least, in the simplex theme we are using - its blue color is out of harmony with the rest of the colors, which are now only strong gray/red color combination on our forum. So that I now have the same good old question: how to remove that item?

I've looked at the class definition for that info circle:

<i class="fas fa-lg fa-info-circle fa-fw text-info"></i>


If I get it right, I need to add the following setting

.fa-info-circle{display:none!important}


to bootstrap-forum.min.css to remove it, right? Just confirm.

P.S. I would remove unneeded interface elements without asking for your help myself if I had a list of classes used to build the YAF forum interface. Is there such a list anywhere?
Sponsor
tha_watcha
2020-03-03T12:59:15Z
Originally Posted by: tecman 

A new info circle UI item appeared after upgrade to YAF 2.31.1:

info circle item.png

We consider this extra element does not bring much information. What is more important - at least, in the simplex theme we are using - its blue color is out of harmony with the rest of the colors, which are now only strong gray/red color combination on our forum. So that I now have the same good old question: how to remove that item?

I've looked at the class definition for that info circle:

<i class="fas fa-lg fa-info-circle fa-fw text-info"></i>


If I get it right, I need to add the following setting

.fa-info-circle{display:none!important}


to bootstrap-forum.min.css to remove it, right? Just confirm.



Yes but it will also remove the icon in all other places like the admin interface. But its thats what you want

Originally Posted by: tecman 

P.S. I would remove unneeded interface elements without asking for your help myself if I had a list of classes used to build the YAF forum interface. Is there such a list anywhere?



use the dev inspector in firefox to see what the class is


UserPostedImage
tecman
  •  tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
2020-03-03T14:41:33Z
Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

use the dev inspector in firefox to see what the class is


😊
I did use it and found 5 classes for that icon. Do you think I can guess which class is responsible for the icon visibility? Do you think I know what fa-lg or fa-fw classes do? Only you as the developer definitely knows the purpose of every class.
tha_watcha
2020-03-03T18:39:09Z
The fa-xxx classes are all classes from fontawesome and described in the documentation

https://fontawesome.com/start 
UserPostedImage
tecman
  •  tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
2020-03-04T15:25:03Z
Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

Yes but it will also remove the icon in all other places like the admin interface. But its thats what you want



No. I just need to remove those i's on the main page. Is it possible?

P.S. I played with various colors for the info items. It seems, $gray-400 works best. The 'i' icon becomes unobtrusive with this setting:
info circle item gray.png
tha_watcha
2020-03-04T18:43:37Z
Why you still want to remove itwith the info icon it shows less information then before to save space. Isn't changing the color the better solution?!
UserPostedImage
tecman
  •  tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
2020-03-05T14:46:23Z
Changing the info icon color to gray is the best I could do in this situation, but it is just a workaround. Every graphical item like that 'i' in circle overloads the interface and distracts the visitor's attention, truly. The best layout for the last topic and user would be something like this:

Risk assessment tool by Yves

or this:

Risk assessment tool by Yves

Something what we see in the Active Discussions pane at the bottom.
tha_watcha
2020-03-08T12:33:17Z
I updated the info circles in the forum to use text-secondary instead of text-info. on the admin pages it will stay text-info!
UserPostedImage
tecman
  •  tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
2020-03-10T15:48:54Z
Ok, will try it in the next update. As I can see, the default $secondary color is $white (true white #FFFFFF). So by default the info circles on the main page must be invisible, right (white on white)? And we can make them visible by changing the secondary color if required, but this will make other items that use the secondary color visible too. Can you tell us which forum items use the secondary color now?

P.S. Oh, I see v2.31.02 is already available for downloading. Does it include the fix described above?
tha_watcha
2020-03-10T18:35:02Z
The font color for secondary is white, but the background color is Grey. So it's not white on white. Atleast for the default theme

Quote:

P.S. Oh, I see v2.31.02 is already available for downloading. Does it include the fix described above?



Yes
UserPostedImage
tecman
  •  tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
2020-03-11T15:07:00Z
Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

The font color for secondary is white, but the background color is Grey.



Stop. I think now we mix two settings from two forum versions, which confuses me very much.

Do you want to say that in the v2.31.2 info circles are drawn using the white foreground color on the gray background color on the main page and using the white foreground color and the blue background color in the settings (at least, in the simplex theme)?
tha_watcha
2020-03-11T15:15:47Z
Originally Posted by: tecman 

Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

The font color for secondary is white, but the background color is Grey.



Stop. I think now we mix two settings from two forum versions, which confuses me very much.

Do you want to say that in the v2.31.2 info circles are drawn using the white foreground color on the gray background color on the main page and using the white foreground color and the blue background color in the settings (at least, in the simplex theme)?



Correct!

UserPostedImage
tecman
  •  tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
2020-03-11T15:53:32Z
Well, I've just upgraded the forum to the v2.31.2. The info icons on the main page look very dark! To have a consistent look, the info icons must use a lighter gray backgorund color like the clock widget displaying the current time at the top. How to do this?

BTW, I see that the widget next to the current time one was removed in the v2.31.2. What was here and what happened to it? Frankly speaking, I would remove that current time block too to free some useful space. Is there a way to do this easily?
tecman
  •  tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
2020-03-11T15:56:27Z
P.S. When I open any settings page, the info icon uses a lighter gray color I wanted to see on the main page. Only when I click the Reload button in the browser, the icon becomes blue. What a strange issue...
tecman
  •  tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
2020-03-12T16:10:07Z
Today our forum works ok, and the last visit date/time block next to the current time magically reappeared.

So the only question remains: how to decrease the intense of that super-dark gray color used in info circles and make it lighter? If the forum bubbles using the same dark gray color will become lighter too, that would be very nice! TIA

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.

Powered by Resharper Donate with PayPal button

Project Twitter Updates

Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved