firebay
  •  firebay
  • 61.4% (Friendly)
  • YAF Camper Topic Starter
2016-07-13T17:07:02Z
I can see your forum support IE9
But my one doesnt support IE9. seems CSS wont work. If I click compatible view, CSS works.
I didn't change any source code, just install it as instruction.

Like screen shot below, there is also "ERROR" shows up. But I dont see any detail error.
Seems css not working
2016071405.jpg

Click to View Image40 View(s)

Sponsor
firebay
  •  firebay
  • 61.4% (Friendly)
  • YAF Camper Topic Starter
2016-07-13T17:42:39Z
2016071405.jpg

Click to View Image40 View(s)

tha_watcha
2016-07-15T10:07:27Z
The Error Message is only shown when the css file is not correctly loaded. Is the browser console showing any errors ?
UserPostedImage
firebay
  •  firebay
  • 61.4% (Friendly)
  • YAF Camper Topic Starter
2016-07-17T16:47:11Z
Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

The Error Message is only shown when the css file is not correctly loaded. Is the browser console showing any errors ?



There is no error shown in browser console. I guess I turn the error off. how to turn it on?
firebay
  •  firebay
  • 61.4% (Friendly)
  • YAF Camper Topic Starter
2016-07-18T00:29:26Z
Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

The Error Message is only shown when the css file is not correctly loaded. Is the browser console showing any errors ?



oK, I get the Java error as screen shot below
3.jpg

Click to View Image16 View(s)

4.jpg

Click to View Image15 View(s)



But they are in Chinese. I translate some below:
Line2, 29928,addEventListenner not support method
Line2, 29928,addEventListenner not support method
eval code (13), line 1, position1, "jQuery" is null
SCRIPT5009: “jQuery” is not defined
jquery-ui.min.js, Line 6 character 73

SCRIPT5009: “jQuery” is not defiend
jquery.ForumExtensions.min.js, 行1 字符11762


IE 8 has same error, but it shows right so far.
tha_watcha
2016-07-18T05:37:34Z
For some reason the Rendering mode is set to IE8, in your Site which is not supported by jQuery.

Do you use the recommended web.config?
UserPostedImage
firebay
  •  firebay
  • 61.4% (Friendly)
  • YAF Camper Topic Starter
2016-07-18T15:09:56Z
Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

For some reason the Rendering mode is set to IE8, in your Site which is not supported by jQuery.

Do you use the recommended web.config?



yes, it is recommended web.config renamed from the web.recommend file. Just change the SQL link string.
tha_watcha
2016-07-19T17:36:05Z
So for some reason your Site's rendering mode is set to IE8. The only idea i have is that is set in IIS. Because out of the box in YAF that is not enabled.

Can you try the following and change the default doctype...

Open the Default.aspx and change the line...

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">


with this..

<!DOCTYPE html>

UserPostedImage
firebay
  •  firebay
  • 61.4% (Friendly)
  • YAF Camper Topic Starter
2016-07-31T13:30:30Z
Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

So for some reason your Site's rendering mode is set to IE8. The only idea i have is that is set in IIS. Because out of the box in YAF that is not enabled.

Can you try the following and change the default doctype...

Open the Default.aspx and change the line...

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">


with this..

<!DOCTYPE html>



still same. do you have newer version? or older version for dowload and keep same database?
tha_watcha
2016-08-02T06:48:32Z
Or try the following add this to the <head> section of the default.aspx

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge" /> 


or you add it to the web.config

<system.webServer>
    <httpProtocol>
      <customHeaders>
        <add name="X-UA-Compatible" value="IE=Edge" />
      </customHeaders>
    </httpProtocol>
</system.webServer>

UserPostedImage

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.

Powered by Resharper Donate with PayPal button

Project Twitter Updates

Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved