EddyCrompton
2016-04-18T13:27:13Z
We have a clean installation of DNN 8.0.1 Platform.
Installed YAF using YAF_DNN_2.22.0-5731.zip

We have several broken references to images, which seem to be cause by two different issues, see below::

Invalid root URL
For (one of ) the image problems - I see that the root part of the URL is duplicated
/Portals/_default/Skins/Xcillion//Portals/_default/Skins/Xcillion/Images/breadcrumb-arrow.png
> this should be
/Portals/_default/Skins/Xcillion/Images/breadcrumb-arrow.png
( the image does exist in this folder )

See the broken images at top of here:
http://dnn801.us1.glanto...pics/f/1/Test-Forum.aspx 

resource.ashx not working - or invalid URL
Some images are accessed using resource.ashx and with LinkClick.aspx in the URL.
Example:
DesktopModules/YetAnotherForumDotNet/resource.ashx?url=http://dnn801.us1.glantonsupport.com/YAFForm/tabid=89/Default.aspx/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=faMBFXcVce0%3d

Is this part a valid reference within the above ?
YAFForm/tabid=89/Default.aspx/LinkClick.aspx

These broken links occur when trying to display a user Avatar (which is a link to the user's profile image)

Are these problems caused by some configuration setting ?
Sponsor
tha_watcha
2016-04-18T15:55:01Z
Ok about the broken breadcrumbs images this seems to be that there was a API change in dnn 8 so i need to figure out what the problem is.

Quote:

resource.ashx not working - or invalid URL
Some images are accessed using resource.ashx and with LinkClick.aspx in the URL.



This is also related to the user popup error which also uses the resource.ashx.

Please check your web.config if unter system.web/httpHandlers have an entry for

<add verb="GET" path="Resource.ashx" type="YAF.YafResourceHandler, YAF" />

UserPostedImage
EddyCrompton
2016-04-18T16:00:07Z
Second part of this is is now fixed.
Thanks to Mariette Knap for the suggestion.

In our web.config we had the followimg:

<friendlyUrl defaultProvider="DNNFriendlyUrl">
<providers>
<clear />
<add name="DNNFriendlyUrl" type="DotNetNuke.Services.Url.FriendlyUrl.DNNFriendlyUrlProvider, DotNetNuke.HttpModules" includePageName="true" regexMatch="[^a-zA-Z0-9 _-]" urlFormat="" />
</providers>
</friendlyUrl>

I changed URLFormat ="advanced" and it works.
In fact it also works with URLFormat ="humanfriendly"

(this also fixes the other problem with the popup - I will post the same reply to that)
tha_watcha
2016-04-18T16:10:10Z
Quote:

I changed URLFormat ="advanced" and it works.
In fact it also works with URLFormat ="humanfriendly"



Ok i need to check what the default for urlformat is and what the problem is with that type of urls.
UserPostedImage
Ordinary Nimda
2016-04-18T17:17:36Z
Originally Posted by: EddyCrompton 

...
We have several broken references to images, which seem to be cause by two different issues, see below::

Invalid root URL
For (one of ) the image problems - I see that the root part of the URL is duplicated
/Portals/_default/Skins/Xcillion//Portals/_default/Skins/Xcillion/Images/breadcrumb-arrow.png
> this should be
/Portals/_default/Skins/Xcillion/Images/breadcrumb-arrow.png
( the image does exist in this folder )...


If you need a temporary quick fix for the breadcrumb area:
- I went and added the missing folder structure and copied those few Images - and it worked, despite the double slash.

tha_watcha
2016-04-19T11:20:36Z
The issue with the Breadcrumb Separator will be fixed in YAF 2.2.3
UserPostedImage

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.

Powered by Resharper Donate with PayPal button

Project Twitter Updates

Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved