YAFLogo

tpa
  • tpa
  • 51.8% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
7 years ago
I just upgraded my forum from 1.9.6 to 2.2.2.

During the upgrade process, the following query from constraints.sql kept throwing an exception:

Quote:

if not exists (select top 1 1 from sys.objects where name='FK_{objectQualifier}TopicReadTracking_{objectQualifier}Topic' and parent_object_id=object_id('[{databaseOwner}].[{objectQualifier}TopicReadTracking]') and type in (N'F'))
alter table [{databaseOwner}].[{objectQualifier}TopicReadTracking] add constraint [FK_{objectQualifier}TopicReadTracking_{objectQualifier}Topic] foreign key (TopicID) references [{databaseOwner}].[{objectQualifier}Topic](TopicID)
go

Running the query manually produced the same exception...

Quote:

The ALTER TABLE statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_yaf_TopicReadTracking_yaf_Topic". The conflict occurred in database "tpa", table "dbo.yaf_Topic", column 'TopicID'.

I am not seeing any existing constraints on yaf_TopicReadTracking (any column) and none with "TopicReadTracking" in the name on yaf_Topics. Curious. I comments it out the ant upgrade succeeded.

I have the same situation now, where I cannot see an existing constraint, and the query still fails.
Sponsor

YAF Logo Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved
About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.