YAFLogo

garethb1
  • garethb1
  • 57.8% (Neutral)
  • YAF Camper Topic Starter
7 years ago
Hi, just playing around with the forums in a DNN installation. Was wondering what the different options are for sorting the posts? I can see in Admin -> Forum -> Edit there is a sort order which is a number. What does this number refer to? Am I able to sort posts by popularity?
Sponsor

tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 3.0.3
7 years ago
There are no sorting options for posts. The sort order for forums you mentioned define the sort order for the forums in the forum main page.
garethb1
  • garethb1
  • 57.8% (Neutral)
7 years ago
Thanks. Can you point me in the right direction as to what to change for the order posts are returned in? Is it a stored proc or linq? Where can I find it? One of the main requirements I'm looking for and I'm happy to make whatever changes. I couldn't find what to change myself after looking around for ages! Thanks.
tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 3.0.3
7 years ago
Originally Posted by: garethb1 

Thanks. Can you point me in the right direction as to what to change for the order posts are returned in? Is it a stored proc or linq? Where can I find it? One of the main requirements I'm looking for and I'm happy to make whatever changes. I couldn't find what to change myself after looking around for ages! Thanks.

Yes in most cases this is sorted in the stored procedures. For example for the forum page which shows all topics of a forum the procedure would be topic_list...

Look out for the order by its always sorted by LastPosted or Posted column you would need to change it to Views
garethb1
  • garethb1
  • 57.8% (Neutral)
7 years ago
Thanks. Exactly what I needed! 🙂
bbobb
  • bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
7 years ago
Hopefully, users will view your forum much more often then bots. :cheesy:
YAF Logo Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved
About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.