YAFLogo

ontariosingh
8 years ago
What is the process to migrate from 1.9.1 to latest version (2.x)?
Is it possible?
Sponsor

tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 3.0.3
8 years ago
Originally Posted by: ontariosingh 

What is the process to migrate from 1.9.1 to latest version (2.x)?
Is it possible?

Sure it is possible
https://github.com/YAFNET/YAFNET/wiki/Upgrade-(from-Version-1.9.1.8-or-earlier) 
ontariosingh
8 years ago
I tried to run the installer on against current database I have. The install started and it was stuck on running scripts. It will just keep showing progress icon for 5-10 minutes and never complete.

Is their a way to somehow run the db scripts manually against the database? scripts seems to be using placeholder, which are populated by installer.
tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 3.0.3
8 years ago

I tried to run the installer on against current database I have. The install started and it was stuck on running scripts. It will just keep showing progress icon for 5-10 minutes and never complete.

Is their a way to somehow run the db scripts manually against the database? scripts seems to be using placeholder, which are populated by installer.

Yes you can run all scripts manually from the install\mssql folder
ontariosingh
8 years ago
I ran sql scripts manually and found that following index creation is taking a lot of time. [dbo].[yaf_vaccess_group] table has large number of entries.
Is there a way to speed it up? Is the index required?

/****** Object: Index [yaf_vaccess_group_UserGroup] Script Date: 09/28/2009 22:30:55 ******/
IF NOT exists (select top 1 1 from sys.indexes WHERE object_id = OBJECT_ID(N'[dbo].[yaf_vaccess_group]') AND name = N'yaf_vaccess_group_UserForum_PK')
SET ARITHABORT ON
CREATE UNIQUE CLUSTERED INDEX [yaf_vaccess_group_UserForum_PK] ON [dbo].[yaf_vaccess_group]
(
[UserID] ASC,
[ForumID] ASC,
[AccessMaskID] ASC,
[GroupID] ASC
) WITH (PAD_INDEX = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE = OFF, SORT_IN_TEMPDB = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, DROP_EXISTING = OFF, ONLINE = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS = ON) ON [PRIMARY]
GO

Stefen10
  • Stefen10
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling
8 years ago
Obviously you can.

Phone Accessory 
iPhone 6 case 
bbobb
  • bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
8 years ago

I ran sql scripts manually and found that following index creation is taking a lot of time. [dbo].[yaf_vaccess_group] table has large number of entries.
Is there a way to speed it up? Is the index required?

Yes. it's required because of performance downgrade, moreover when you have a lot of users. You can try to run scripts without it first.
The index can be added later from Run sql sub-section of admin section.
Try to comment SET ARITHABORT ON.
Make sure that the script file order is proper too.

YAF Logo Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved
About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.