YAFLogo

tecman
  • tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
9 years ago
Even after restarting the app I see new users with the emails irnghksl@163.com and cvbvngf1@163.com...
tecman
  • tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
9 years ago
I have opened the main Event Log and see a lot of errors related to bot detection. A typical error message looks like this:

Quote:

Error while Checking for Bot System.ArgumentException: parsing "????" - Quantifier {x,y} following nothing. at System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexParser.ScanRegex() at System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexParser.Parse(String re, RegexOptions op) at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex..ctor(String pattern, RegexOptions options, TimeSpan matchTimeout, Boolean useCache) at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Match(String input, String pattern) at YAF.Core.Services.CheckForSpam.YafInternalCheck.<>c__DisplayClass8.b__4(BannedName name) at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate) at YAF.Core.Services.CheckForSpam.YafInternalCheck.IsBot(String ipAddress, String emailAddress, String userName, String& responseText)

Perhaps, it's time to upgrade to YAF 2.2? But I do not see this update available for the public...
tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 3.0.3
9 years ago
Originally Posted by: tecman 

I have opened the main Event Log and see a lot of errors related to bot detection. A typical error message looks like this:

Quote:

Error while Checking for Bot System.ArgumentException: parsing "????" - Quantifier {x,y} following nothing. at System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexParser.ScanRegex() at System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexParser.Parse(String re, RegexOptions op) at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex..ctor(String pattern, RegexOptions options, TimeSpan matchTimeout, Boolean useCache) at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Match(String input, String pattern) at YAF.Core.Services.CheckForSpam.YafInternalCheck.<>c__DisplayClass8.b__4(BannedName name) at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate) at YAF.Core.Services.CheckForSpam.YafInternalCheck.IsBot(String ipAddress, String emailAddress, String userName, String& responseText)

Perhaps, it's time to upgrade to YAF 2.2? But I do not see this update available for the public...

That error is causes by some of the emails, that are imported in the banned email list. Check the first entries in that list they should look like this...

????...

delete all those entries and the errors are gone.
tecman
  • tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
9 years ago
I never imported emails into the banned email list (added them using solely manual blocking), and I have no ????? records in it.

Any new thoughts why it does not work?
Zero2Cool
  • Zero2Cool
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Leader YAF Version: YAF 3.1.16
9 years ago

I never imported emails into the banned email list (added them using solely manual blocking), and I have no ????? records in it.

I did a quick look and couldn't find it, but is there a setting that enables the email blocking? If so, maybe double check that? I'm out of ideas, sorry.
tecman
  • tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
9 years ago
I have set only the bot filter setting suggested in post #5 in this thread.
Zero2Cool
  • Zero2Cool
  • 100% (Exalted)
9 years ago

I have set only the bot filter setting suggested in post #5 in this thread.

I'm striking out and whiffing here lol ... maybe upgrade to the latest build? Although, the .bat files to build the packages no longer work for me, maybe you can get it to work.
tecman
  • tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
9 years ago
As I wrote earlier, I would be glad to try the v2.2, but I do not know where I can download it.
Zero2Cool
  • Zero2Cool
  • 100% (Exalted)
9 years ago

As I wrote earlier, I would be glad to try the v2.2, but I do not know where I can download it.

https://github.com/YAFNET/YAFNET 
tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 3.0.3
9 years ago

Well if you never imported anything there most be still at least one entry in the list which isn't a valid reg Pattern, thats why it shows up in your log.

And at the moment if one entry isn't valid it crashes and doesn't check the other emails in the list, this will be fixed in 2.2.0.
tecman
  • tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
9 years ago
Perhaps, my description of the way how I populated the spam email list was a little bit incorrect. I blocked all emails using the User Kill & Ban admin page. Having this, all they should be correct - agreed? I have just exported my current spam email list to a text file so you can check it (see it attached).

Another thing that is very strange in this spam protection engine is that when I really add a new email manually using the keyboard (what we discuss for '.*?@163\.com'), I can enter an email 'as is' or using a regexp. But how does the system know whether I wanted to use regexp??! For instance, for the address 'leiyin.fanyichongchong@gmail.com' it is not clear what the first dot mean - a real dot, or any character...

My opinion: we need a radio button or something like to specify whether it is a regexp or a email 'as is' when we enter a new email to block.
tecman
  • tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
9 years ago
I opened GitHub but found only the official release 2.1.2 there (in the 'releases' section). So, it seems, v2.2.0 is still 'beta' - should I use it on the real forum?

And If I want to use it, do I need to download the whole GitHub YAFNET project to my pc and recompile it? I did that but it seems it is not what I used to use for deployment. Generally I unpack archives like YAF-v2.1.2.0-Install.zip and then upload them to our webserver.

Sorry for my ignorance - I am enough new to GitHub...
YAF Logo Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved
About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.