2014-04-24T10:17:24Z
why not 🙂
Running YAF.NET v2.0 Final at: http://www.dilliduduk.com 
.net 4.5.1 & MVC 5 Razor Support Hosting: http://hosting.7renk.net 
Zero2Cool
2014-04-24T12:20:47Z
Originally Posted by: doxa123 

why not :)

He's not a moderator, which you probably know. But I think he's making a point that if he (any User) starts a topic, and no one has replied, they should have rights to delete the post/topic.

I could be wrong.
MSummers7
2014-04-24T21:21:52Z
In this case I ask an question and thought it was a dumb question or gave a misleading statement. So "I WANTED TO DELETE MY OWN POST"

The developers current and pass are not very good in thinking thins through. Let me or my customers

• Delete your own post
  • Permit me to choose to let my costumers write static HTML or CSS sectors in their post without forcing me to use a 3rd party editor.
  • Let the author of the post tell everyone if the post is active, inactive, answered, or unanswered.
  • Let the Administrator of the board set the time limit on a active post to become inactive
  • Let the author of the post to set keywords.
  • The 1st sentence of the author post becomes the meta description
  • Let the Administrator place their Google Analytics code in the Admin area,
  • Place robot.txt in the root
  • Place sitemap.xml in the root
  • Have URL of sitemap.xml in robot.txt.
  • Set the priority rate for new page post to high. Over time priority rate should be lower for the post. New post receives the higher rate.

My goal is to drive traffic to my website.. I want to let my costumers drive traffic to my site. If the users write a high quality post on my website and the Google or Bing spiders will scan the post, the spiders and will give a higher rank to my website.
Gofer01
  •  Gofer01
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Commander Topic Starter
2014-04-24T21:34:00Z
What the heck, oh well. I defiantly can't delete the above post. By the way I was on Win 2008 R2 Server when I wrote the above post. I usually use my Laptop or desktop to view and post threads

Michael
My Website 
Zero2Cool
2014-04-25T12:22:25Z
I strongly disagree with your opinion that the developers are not good at thinking things through.

Originally Posted by: MSummers7 

The developers current and pass are not very good in thinking thins through. Let me or my customers

1. Delete your own post
  2. Permit me to choose to let my costumers write static HTML or CSS sectors in their post without forcing me to use a 3rd party editor.
  3. Let the author of the post tell everyone if the post is active, inactive, answered, or unanswered.
  4. Let the Administrator of the board set the time limit on a active post to become inactive
  5. Let the author of the post to set keywords.
  6. The 1st sentence of the author post becomes the meta description
  7. Let the Administrator place their Google Analytics code in the Admin area,
  8. Place robot.txt in the root
  9. Place sitemap.xml in the root
  10. Have URL of sitemap.xml in robot.txt.
  11. Set the priority rate for new page post to high. Over time priority rate should be lower for the post. New post receives the higher rate.

My goal is to drive traffic to my website.. I want to let my costumers drive traffic to my site. If the users write a high quality post on my website and the Google or Bing spiders will scan the post, the spiders and will give a higher rank to my website.

1- a user deleting their post is not a wise addition at all. However, if a user creates a topic, no one else has posted in it, then and ONLY then does it make sense to allow them to delete said topic.

2- I'm ignorant about the editors as I use YAF BBCode strictly.

3- If you add Active, Inactive, Answered, Unanswered as individual "Topic Status" in the settings. On my site, I added BLOG, to which all Registered members can select. Even those spam turds, dang them! haha

4- This would require a task running in the background and eat up resources. Does the value of this merit that overhead? Personally, I don't see the value in it. We already have the ability to mark a topic HOT by X views or Y posts. Perhaps there is another method that I am not aware of to accomplish this.

5- Keywords would be a nice addition. I think that would help for searches, big time! I like that idea a lot!

6- I am META ignorant so I don't know what that means.

7- I placed my Google Analytics in the site.master which is where Google recommended so I don't see the benefit in that. However, DNN allows you to add GA through their software.

8- I always thought the robot.txt was something the webmaster had to do?

9- I also created my own sitemap.xml and put it in the root. Thought that was normal webmaster stuff as I've been doing that for years.

11- I don't follow this request or its value.

I believe all of our goals as web developers is to have highest possible traffic. I don't know anyone who builds a website for no one to use. 🙂 What determines a "high quality" post? I assure you what YOU feel is high quality on your site will be vastly useless on my site. And vice versa.
tha_watcha
2014-04-25T12:38:08Z
Additional to Zero2Cools answer's

1. Delete your own posts can be enabled in the Access Masks Settings. This is not a developer decision. Every Board Admin can enable or disable it. In that forum it stays disabled.

Quote:

The 1st sentence of the author post becomes the meta description

That is already the case. also the key words are auto generated from the first words in the post.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2014-05-21T15:59:43Z
I've been doing some META testing and have noticed the description field (if filled) becomes the META description.

The recommended minimum for this META description space is 50 characters.

How can we change this to grab the contents of the MESSAGE and ignore the DESCRIPTION field altogether?

From what I've been testing and seeing, it is having a negative effect on my SEO.
bombbug
2014-10-18T11:17:48Z
http://ygopro.it/web/index.php