YAFLogo

MSummers7
  • MSummers7
  • 51.8% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2014-04-05T07:57:31Z
What's up with this crap.. I've been a member like 6 years. All that time I could use my users name to log in. Now the system is asking for a e-mail address''''

I HAVE NO CLUE WHATS THAT E-MAIL ADDRESS IS.

I want this account back I know my

[list]

• User Name
  • Password
  • Secret Question
  • My Profile Picture will match
  • My website URL will match
  • My location will match.
  • My Name on both accounts will match./list]

Furthermore Zero2Cool can verify that I'm the owner of this account. He doesn't know this but he can. I just have to look at my PayPal transaction records for the service that he provided last October 2013

I need someone with Admin authority of this forum to change the e-mail on this account So I can go through the verification process of me supplying my password and secrete question

• Sponsor
    MSummers7
    • MSummers7
    • 51.8% (Neutral)
    • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
    2014-04-05T08:12:25Z
    Come to think about it. I only need the e-mail of this account. I already look at the profile of my account and the profile doesn't supply the address. Will someone with Admin privilege's P.M. me
    Gofer01
    • Gofer01
    • 100% (Exalted)
    • YAF Commander
    2014-04-05T08:23:50Z
    I have no clue what up. I can't log in directly. I have to go to YAF website log in then come to the forum.

OK there is a bug in this version of YAF. I use my default e-mail address to retrieve my password. The forum notice said that e-mail address is not on file. When I create MSummers7. I use the same e-mail address. So the account Gofer01 and MSummers7 hs the same e-mail address

Michael

My Website 

tha_watcha
    • tha_watcha
    • 100% (Exalted)
    • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 3.0.1
    2014-04-05T12:34:28Z
    Originally Posted by: Gofer01 

I have no clue what up. I can't log in directly. I have to go to YAF website log in then come to the forum.

OK there is a bug in this version of YAF. I use my default e-mail address to retrieve my password. The forum notice said that e-mail address is not on file. When I create MSummers7. I use the same e-mail address. So the account Gofer01 and MSummers7 hs the same e-mail address

Thanks, technically thats not a bug, this is a feature in the Membership Provider required Unique Email should be enabled. It is now turned on.

UserPostedImage
    Gofer01
    • Gofer01
    • 100% (Exalted)
    • YAF Commander
    2014-04-05T13:01:46Z
    Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

Thanks, technically thats not a bug, this is a feature in the Membership Provider required Unique Email should be enabled. It is now turned on.

So why do I have 2 Accounts the same e-mail accounts? Gofer01 and MSummers7. So why does the system says there no account with this e-mail address hen I requested a lost password.

You telling me this not a bug in the web application.

Michael

My Website 

Gofer01
    • Gofer01
    • 100% (Exalted)
    • YAF Commander
    2014-04-05T13:22:59Z
    DNN version of YAF 2.1.1 rocks. After reading the install docs for DNN YAF. I couldn't app.config file any where in DNN file system of YAF sub directory in DNN file system.

So I had to guess the install password for DNN YAF module.

Michael

My Website 

tha_watcha
    • tha_watcha
    • 100% (Exalted)
    2014-04-05T14:24:36Z

DNN version of YAF 2.1.1 rocks. After reading the install docs for DNN YAF. I couldn't app.config file any where in DNN file system of YAF sub directory in DNN file system.

So I had to guess the install password for DNN YAF module.

There is no app.config, its all in the web.config under the appSettings Section.

UserPostedImage
    Gofer01
    • Gofer01
    • 100% (Exalted)
    • YAF Commander
    2014-04-07T07:15:21Z
    Should update the DNN install support files then. I notice that the web app was modified to be a DNN module. A lot of the Amin properties doesn't apply in the DNN YAF module.

YAF can't be modified to use Facebook, Twitter, and Google log on API's. You have to do this in DNN admin area. because YAF DNN module uses DNN login system.

Michael

My Website 

tha_watcha
    • tha_watcha
    • 100% (Exalted)
    2014-04-08T11:03:29Z

Should update the DNN install support files then..

It always says web.config in the dnn readme files.

I notice that the web app was modified to be a DNN module. A lot of the Amin properties doesn't apply in the DNN YAF module.

YAF can't be modified to use Facebook, Twitter, and Google log on API's. You have to do this in DNN admin area. because YAF DNN module uses DNN login system.

All host settings will be hidden in 2.1.2 final that are not relevant in dnn.

UserPostedImage
    Gofer01
    • Gofer01
    • 100% (Exalted)
    • YAF Commander
    2014-04-10T18:35:08Z
    What will be great. Make sure that the setup instructions of DNN YAF module are up to date and correct.👍
    Michael

My Website