YAFLogo

JamieCCC
  • JamieCCC
  • 52.4% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
9 years ago
Hello yaf.net

I'm having problems with the moderators column - whilst the column displays fine, it is empty and does not display any of the moderators names - even though the posts have to be accepted by the moderators before being posted live.

Many thanks

JamieCCC
Sponsor

tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 3.0.3
9 years ago
Originally Posted by: JamieCCC 

Hello yaf.net

I'm having problems with the moderators column - whilst the column displays fine, it is empty and does not display any of the moderators names - even though the posts have to be accepted by the moderators before being posted live.

Many thanks

JamieCCC

Did you actually assign any moderators? Enabling the setting Pre-moderated, doesn't mean that there are moderators assigned, only that Moderators have to approve the post.

The Moderators Column shows the Users Roles who assigned with the Moderator Access mask for the specific forum.

If you want to be a role shown as Moderator (and all users that are part of that role become moderators for that forum), you need to go to Admin -> Settings -> Forums -> Click on the Forum you want to edit -> Under Access Masks assign the Role with the Moderator Access mask. And that Role will show up in the Moderator Column.

The Second Option to show the user name directly, you have the option to also assign an access mask to the user directly instead via the role. You can do that by browsing to the specific forum, on that page where all topics are listed for the forum you see an "Moderate" button. That Button opens the Moderate page for that forum, on that page there is a button "invite user". Then you simply have to enter the user name and select the moderator access mask, and voilà the user will show up on the moderator column.
JamieCCC
  • JamieCCC
  • 52.4% (Neutral)
8 years ago
Hi tha_watcha,

Many thanks for your reply and suggestions. I've now tried both, but the moderators column still remains empty - as I may have made a mistake, I asked a colleague to also try, but they too could not get anything to appear in the moderators column - even though all appears to be setup correctly?!

Regards

JamieCCC
JamieCCC
  • JamieCCC
  • 52.4% (Neutral)
8 years ago
Hi tha_watcha,

Apologies, all sorted - time to confess, not only did users need Moderator role, they also needed Appoved ticked also.

Many thanks

Jamie
Thomas Derenthal
8 years ago
I'm sorry, but none of this works. Can you explain like I am 5? I am using the most recent version. Can you give me screen shots? I have googled this and found so may different, conflicting answers.

EDIT: Now in the moderator column, it displays "Moderators: Moderators"
Thomas Derenthal
8 years ago
Hello? NO. MATTER. WHAT. I. DO. I. CAN. NOT. GET. MODERATOR. FUNCTION. TO. WORK!

This is kind of important. Can I get a reply?
Zero2Cool
8 years ago
Originally Posted by: Thomas Derenthal 

Hello? NO. MATTER. WHAT. I. DO. I. CAN. NOT. GET. MODERATOR. FUNCTION. TO. WORK!

This is kind of important. Can I get a reply?

What are you expecting to happen and what is actually happening?

When I click "Team" I see a list of my Admin and Moderators, but I do not think that is what you're looking for.

When I click "Moderate" I see a list of posts that are "Unapproved".

Edit, I went under Host > Display and ticked the Show Moderator List. I gotta say, having that displayed is kind of obnoxious, lol.

http://packerpeople.com/forum/ 

It is showing my two Moderators as follows.

Moderators: Moderator, Pack93z, wpr
tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
8 years ago
Quote:

You set everything up correctly. at the moment this is how it will be displayed, at the moment it will only lists every user if you choose the second option i decribed above.

@Zero2Cool he means the Moderator column in the forum listing
Zero2Cool
8 years ago
Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

Quote:

You set everything up correctly. at the moment this is how it will be displayed, at the moment it will only lists every user if you choose the second option i decribed above.

Unsolicated opinion, I think it looks clunky with the Moderators column. Maybe have Moderators listed below subforum in a far out version?

Example...
Random Babble (3 Viewing)
We talk about everything here, including Badgers, Bucks or Brewers!
Sub-forums: No New Posts The Back Alley, No New Posts SPAM
Moderators: Pack93z, wpr
tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
8 years ago
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

Quote:

Unsolicated opinion, I think it looks clunky with the Moderators column. Maybe have Moderators listed below subforum in a far out version?

Example...
Random Babble (3 Viewing)
We talk about everything here, including Badgers, Bucks or Brewers!
Sub-forums: No New Posts The Back Alley, No New Posts SPAM
Moderators: Pack93z, wpr

That is already possible in the host settings you can decide if the moderator list should be displayed as separate column or as you suggested.
YAF Logo Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved
About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.