YAFLogo

rterysen@msedp.com
8 years ago
Hello i am trying to merge YAF into a existing application. In a local environment running on visual studio i had gotten it to work and i started to migrate it to the live site and that is when i got the error message.

Could not locate the guest user for the board id 1. You might have deleted the guest group or removed the guest user. I found one forum post but i didn't really see a solution. Has anyone else experienced this?

This is a brand new integration. the installation process has not been completed.

Sponsor

Zero2Cool
8 years ago
By existing application, do you mean DotNetNuke or just a ASP.net application or something else?

What version of YAF are you using?

rterysen@msedp.com
8 years ago
This is a proprietary asp.net project. I believe that i am using version YAF-v2.0.0-BIN.zip.
Zero2Cool
8 years ago
Check your yaf_User table. Do you see any records there? You should see Guest with UserID 1. If not, run the install once again and ensure the SQL user has rights to that database.
rterysen@msedp.com
8 years ago
Thanks for your help!

So far the yaf_User table is completely empty. I do have access to the sql DB i see the user there and have tested it. I dont know how i could run the installer again when as soon i hit the default.aspx page in that directory i get this server error. Is there a by pass ?

Sorry i obviously have very little experience with the YAF systems.

Zero2Cool
8 years ago
Yep, try www.YOURLINK.com/install/ and that should bring you to the install.

Make sure to check that you have connection to the database with the install page.