Gofer01
  •  Gofer01
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Commander Topic Starter
2013-11-03T14:49:55Z
I suggest in the future upgrades for YAF. If you create an account through facebook, or login by facebook. YAF should import the default profile picture of facebook.
Michael
My Website 
Sponsor
tha_watcha
2013-11-03T15:14:29Z
Originally Posted by: Gofer01 

I suggest in the future upgrades for YAF. If you create an account through facebook, or login by facebook. YAF should import the default profile picture of facebook.

That is already the case, when you connect an existing account or create a new forum account.
UserPostedImage
Gofer01
  •  Gofer01
  • 100% (Exalted)
2013-11-04T02:57:34Z
Oh OK

In another thread I said there was a couple of quirks when I installed and then connected to Facebook for the first time.. One of the quirks the first time I connected to Facebook. My profile picture disappeared there was a little x where my picture should have been. I had to re do the profile picture

The second quirk happen at the same time. I received the default error "Something serious happen Please try again. I click on that hyperlink the forum reloaded and I was sign in to facebook.
Michael
My Website 
tha_watcha
2013-11-05T02:11:43Z

Oh OK

In another thread I said there was a couple of quirks when I installed and then connected to Facebook for the first time.. One of the quirks the first time I connected to Facebook. My profile picture disappeared there was a little x where my picture should have been. I had to re do the profile picture

The second quirk happen at the same time. I received the default error "Something serious happen Please try again. I click on that hyperlink the forum reloaded and I was sign in to facebook.

Take a look at the yaf event log, if something goes wrong it should be logged there.
UserPostedImage
Gofer01
  •  Gofer01
  • 100% (Exalted)
2013-11-05T06:41:35Z
Learned something new. The event log. I saw it in the admin section, but never look at the log.

OK there 9 error events in the log of the same error. Background info. yesterday I uploaded 1200 avatars.. When I try to select one of the avatars as my profile picture, the image doesn't show up. Here is a screenshot of my error log.

Is there any suggestion on how to resolve this error?
Gofer01 attached the following image(s):

Michael
My Website 
tha_watcha
2013-11-09T14:37:25Z

Learned something new. The event log. I saw it in the admin section, but never look at the log.

OK there 9 error events in the log of the same error. Background info. yesterday I uploaded 1200 avatars.. When I try to select one of the avatars as my profile picture, the image doesn't show up. Here is a screenshot of my error log.

Is there any suggestion on how to resolve this error?

Set the Trust level to high in your application, if supported by the web host

<trust level="Full" />
<customErrors defaultRedirect="Error.aspx" mode="Off" />

But that check is not really needed, in YAF 2.1 this function will also work in medium trust.

UserPostedImage

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.