janusz
  •  janusz
  • 67.6% (Friendly)
  • YAF Commander Topic Starter
2013-10-28T08:12:07Z
After accepting Forum Rules, registration defaults to Forum Error page:

"There has been a serious error loading the forum. No further information is available.
Please contact the administrator if this message persists".

Event Log:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at YAF.Pages.register.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

What could be causing this? How do I correct?

Thanks!

j
Sponsor
janusz
  •  janusz
  • 67.6% (Friendly)
2013-10-28T21:51:15Z
More:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
YAF.Pages.register.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1752
System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +51
System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +92
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +54
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +145
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +772

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18045

Hosting Service Server:
MSSQL 2012 Databases
ASP .NET v2, v3.5 and v4.5
YAF.NET Version: 1.9.6.1 (Date: 3/17/2012).
janusz
  •  janusz
  • 67.6% (Friendly)
2013-10-29T08:31:49Z
I should add that new users continue not being able to register to the forum. :-(
I am desperate for solution.

Thanks!
tha_watcha
2013-10-29T09:27:37Z
I am not aware of any known issues with the register pager

Was it working before? did you changed anything turn a host setting on or off?
UserPostedImage
janusz
  •  janusz
  • 67.6% (Friendly)
2013-10-29T17:04:45Z
The only change was the addition of spam control feature. It worked but generated a lot of false positives. It was disabled. This was in the last week.
janusz
  •  janusz
  • 67.6% (Friendly)
2013-11-01T00:34:35Z
SOLVED!

Disabled Geolocation Service and this solved the problem. The API key is new so why this causes the registration problem, I've no clue.

It seems to have come about when I enabled Spam Settings (BlogSpam.net) several weeks ago and then disabled it recently because of too many false positives. During the time it was enabled, users could register. After disabling, new users could not register after accepting rules (default to error page instead of registration details).

j

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.