• YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
8 years ago
Steps:

1. Download the latest version from github

2. In app.config,

3. In urlrewriter.config file, use the advanced version

4. Try to load the forum.

Expected: Forum to load

Actual: The url is redirected to http://localhost/forum/forum/forum/forum/forum/forum/forum/forum

(it seems to keep redirecting to an infinite loop)

To solve this: In step 3, when I changed the urlrewriter.config file to "standard" or original tags, it is working fine.

Also since enableurlrewriter is false in the app.config file, I think it should not be reading the urlrewriter file.

Sponsor
johnk
  • johnk
  • 74.8% (Friendly)
8 years ago
Thanks for fixing the bug.

BTW, does the code still go through urlrewriter.config file even if urlrewriter is switched off in app.config?

Another note: Jaben mentioned releasing RC1 in few days. Now shouldnt that be RC2 release? RC1 was released few months ago. I tried posting in commercial forum category, but I did not have write access.

tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 3.0.3
8 years ago
Originally Posted by: johnk 

Thanks for fixing the bug.

BTW, does the code still go through urlrewriter.config file even if urlrewriter is switched off in app.config?

Yes its still using the rewrite config. I could switch it off completely, but then there would be the problem of the old links. If everybody is ok with that that shouldn't be a problem, i don't mind.

Another note: Jaben mentioned releasing RC1 in few days. Now shouldnt that be RC2 release? RC1 was released few months ago. I tried posting in commercial forum category, but I did not have write access.

No of course not RC 1 is not yet released.

johnk
  • johnk
  • 74.8% (Friendly)
8 years ago
Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

Yes its still using the rewrite config. I could switch it off completely, but then there would be the problem of the old links. If everybody is ok with that that shouldn't be a problem, i don't mind.

Any idea why it would go through urlrewriter file, when urlrewriting is turned off in app.config?

Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

No of course not RC 1 is not yet released.

Actually the version was changed to RC1 on July 24. Here is the changeset:

http://yafnet.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/ed82d60d0814 

So the next release should be RC2 (to prevent confusion).

There are many forums already running on YAF 2.0 RC1:

1. www.mygcvisa.com/forum

2. packershome.com, etc

Zero2Cool
8 years ago

Actually the version was changed to RC1 on July 24. Here is the changeset:

http://yafnet.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/ed82d60d0814 

So the next release should be RC2 (to prevent confusion).

There are many forums already running on YAF 2.0 RC1:

1. www.mygcvisa.com/forum

2. packershome.com, etc

The last YAF release was v1.9.6.1 RTW on Mon Mar 26, 2012.

RC1 hasn't actually been packaged and publicly released. The source code is available to download/build/install for whomever chooses to. But as an actual YAF release, RC1 hasn't.

Then again, I could be missing the boat here, but that's how I understand it.

https://github.com/YAFNET/YAFNET/releases 

johnk
  • johnk
  • 74.8% (Friendly)
8 years ago
I see which release they are talking about. Generally once they change the version number to RC1 and push out the release (in whichever folder), it is considered as RC1 release. They just havent yet added the link to this release from the /release/ folder you mentioned above 🙂
Zero2Cool
8 years ago
I think the naming it from BETA1 to RC1 was more version control to acknowledge the version was close to being a candidate for release. Again, just spit balling from my own dev experience and what I've witnessed. YAF hasn't published a release in a very long time. (over a year, but to me, somewhat impatient, that's a long time lol)