YAFLogo

super
  • super
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Camper Topic Starter
10 years ago
I have YAF installed on the latest DNN 07.01 version.

I have noticed that the profile page of user in DNN is different from profile page of same used in YAF module.

Th DNN profile page is like this: http://localhost:1983/ActivityFeed/tabid/61/userId/2/Default.aspx

If a user add any other user a friend / buddy in YAF, the profile page of DNN doesn't show up the added used in the friend't list.

It seems like YAF is not integrated with DNN 100% which is why this is happening.

Same problem is with PM message, the DNN PM works different from YAF PM. shouldn't it be same ? or if any user send pm to another user in YAF, the DNN profile should also notify the user about PM ?

Another thing is the DNN profile page is designed to show the latest activity. But any user who is active in forum side (YAF) of the website, the DNN profile page doesn't show any activity to any post posted by any user ?

Is it possible to fix this integration issue ?
Sponsor

tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 3.0.3
10 years ago
Quote:

Is it possible to fix this integration issue ?

These are not bugs, these are feature requests.

Quote:

It seems like YAF is not integrated with DNN 100% which is why this is happening.

Thats because yaf and dnn are both are standalone applications, and not like other forums for dnn which are build especially for dnn.

It will take some time to integrate into to dnn.

Quote:

I have noticed that the profile page of user in DNN is different from profile page of same used in YAF module.

I think thats the biggest problem right now especially it is really confusing that the user can edit a user profile in dnn and in yaf.

A good starting point would be to disallow users to edit the user profile in yaf and use only the dnn profile in yaf.

For the other issues (PM, Friends, etc) there is one big problem, i need to modify yaf itself for a better integration. Which means i would need to maintain two versions of yaf. If i find a way to solve that problem i can start working on a better integration.
YAF Logo Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved
About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.