johnk
  •  johnk
  • 74.8% (Friendly)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
2013-06-28T18:15:41Z
Whenever we try to change email address, either using Admin Console or user tries to change it through their control panel, it always gives an error message "You have entered an illegal email address".
Sponsor
johnk
  •  johnk
  • 74.8% (Friendly)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
2013-06-28T18:20:18Z
This is for the 2.0 Beta version from codeplex.
Zero2Cool
2013-06-28T20:31:04Z
Originally Posted by: johnk 

Whenever we try to change email address, either using Admin Console or user tries to change it through their control panel, it always gives an error message "You have entered an illegal email address".

I noticed this too. And am using the latest build to date.
tha_watcha
2013-06-29T11:21:01Z
Should be fixed now in the admin section

Quote:

or user tries to change it through their control panel

FYI when a user changes the Email Address and Email Verification is enabled in the Host Settings, the user gets a verification Email and need to verify the new email address.
UserPostedImage
jboris
  •  jboris
  • 51.8% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling
2015-05-07T17:14:50Z
Bringing this up again. We are having this same issue. We have the latest version 2.2.0, and cannot change via admin or as a user. Any additonal thoughts?
tha_watcha
2015-05-08T10:29:59Z
Originally Posted by: jboris 

Bringing this up again. We are having this same issue. We have the latest version 2.2.0, and cannot change via admin or as a user. Any additonal thoughts?

The error message would only occur if more then one user has the same email address. In yaf email's have to be unique.
UserPostedImage
jboris
  •  jboris
  • 51.8% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling
2015-05-11T21:29:21Z
Thank you! That makes sense now. I was hoping to have users with dual roles for testing, but I can work around that. It just so happened every email I tried was already in the system.
tha_watcha
2015-05-12T08:31:19Z
Originally Posted by: jboris 

Thank you! That makes sense now. I was hoping to have users with dual roles for testing, but I can work around that. It just so happened every email I tried was already in the system.

Well the problem is that yaf allows to have non unique email addresses, but the problem is that while it is allowed some functions only work with unique emails.

So its highly recommended that the requiresUniqueEmail is set to true in the connection string for the used Membership provider in the web.config.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2015-05-12T13:58:49Z
Executing this SQL should disclose any duplicate emails you have.
select email, count(*)
  from yaf_user
  group by email
  having count(*) > 1

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.