wmasterj
  •  wmasterj
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2013-03-11T18:30:08Z
I am wondering if it is possible to only allow HTML input for administrators.

Scenario:
An administrator creates a rich topic with private videos through HTML5/Flash video embedded in the page, including layouts with tables. If a user tries to do the same they would only have the BBCode options for youtube and Vimeo.

Thanks!
Jeroen
Sponsor
bbobb
  •  bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2013-03-11T19:28:31Z
You should check Allow users to pick text editor in Host Settings -> Editors for a time and select an Html editor in your profile and return Host Settings back.

wmasterj
  •  wmasterj
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
2013-03-11T19:41:18Z
Originally Posted by: bbobb 

You should check Allow users to pick text editor in Host Settings -> Editors for a time and select an Html editor in your profile and return Host Settings back.

Thanks for the quick reply. I can't for the life of me find "Host Settings" in my administrator menu. Could you be more specific, maybe I have a different name for it?

My user has administrator access and I don't think that excludes anything.
wmasterj
  •  wmasterj
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
2013-03-12T17:53:02Z
Originally Posted by: wmasterj 

Originally Posted by: bbobb 

Thanks for the quick reply. I can't for the life of me find "Host Settings" in my administrator menu. Could you be more specific, maybe I have a different name for it?

My user has administrator access and I don't think that excludes anything.

So I got flipped as a "Host Admin" and now I see what you mean. But this wouldn't work since there will be thousands of users with hundreds active at any given moment. This would mean that they can post using any HTML tag as well.

Also, I don't want a Moderator to have to edit Host Settings just to make a post.

Is there any other way I can accomplish this?

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.