Coleen
  •  Coleen
  • 89.2% (Honored)
  • YAF Commander Topic Starter
2013-03-04T18:39:24Z
I'm at the Administration >> Smilies >> Add/Edit Smiley page and I've inserted the code for the smiley, selected the smiley from the drop-down and given it a short-cut and when I try to save it I get this error:

The code to use for this emotion should not be more then 10 symbols.

Can anyone please explain how I add emoticons to the forum? I did a search on this and found one topic, but nothing with this error (maybe I missed it?) Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Coleen
Sponsor
Zero2Cool
2013-03-04T21:24:55Z
How I have added them using the [ and ] brackets around the shortcut word. [Smiley1] for example.
Coleen
  •  Coleen
  • 89.2% (Honored)
2013-03-04T23:52:10Z
Ah-ha. Thanks. Okay - how do I add custom smilies - imported smilie codes?

Thanks!
Zero2Cool
2013-03-04T23:54:08Z
Originally Posted by: Coleen 

Ah-ha. Thanks. Okay - how do I add custom smilies - imported smilie codes?

Thanks!

Upload the graphic (.gif or .jpg or .png) to your smileys directory and add'em up! 🙂

I haven't used the import pack thing. I just do them one by one. Sorry I can't help ya there.
Coleen
  •  Coleen
  • 89.2% (Honored)
2013-03-05T18:02:32Z
Thanks Zero!

So I upload to the actual directory - not try to paste the HTML or BC Code into the "Add Smiley" section right? Okay, well that explains why I was getting the error, I kept trying to paste the smiley HTML code into the "Code" slot on the Add Smiley page...my bad!

Thanks for your help. 🙂

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.