baw02141
  •  baw02141
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2013-02-17T15:46:32Z
I need help adding a BBCode extension to format code. The following faq displays the output of the Code BBCode and appears to use SyntaxHighlighter, but it doesn't show how to setup;
http://forum.yetanotherf...p_index.aspx?faq=bbcodes  (2/3 down the page)

My current YAF Build Version is 1.9.6.1 and I appreciate your help.

Sponsor
tha_watcha
2013-02-18T14:30:09Z
It does say how to setup you us it as this

[code=plain]
Hello
[/code]

There is an extra Button on the Editor toolbar to select the language (See the screen shot bellow)

The BB Code is part of the Core BB Codes and is already part of yaf.
tha_watcha attached the following image(s):

UserPostedImage
baw02141
  •  baw02141
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
2013-02-19T00:42:00Z
Thank you kind sir. I was expecting to see a [code] item in the BBCode drop-down list. Is it possible to use the YAF Editor outside of the forum? I want to use it elsewhere in the website. I remember having seen a post a year or so again, but I cannot find it.
Gonzalez
2013-02-19T11:01:16Z
Once, I faced such issue also but thanks for the admin who guided very well and solved BBCode issue in post. Before posting anything, carefully follow the forum rules and regulations, if not follow than admin can ban anytime.
tha_watcha
2013-02-19T12:15:45Z
Originally Posted by: baw02141 

Thank you kind sir. I was expecting to see a [code] item in the BBCode drop-down list. Is it possible to use the YAF Editor outside of the forum? I want to use it elsewhere in the website. I remember having seen a post a year or so again, but I cannot find it.

No thats not possible the editor is only designed for the forum.

UserPostedImage
baw02141
  •  baw02141
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
2013-02-19T13:24:44Z
It's a great editor. It's unfortunate that its not standalone, but I understand. YAF is incredible and I can only strive to write code so efficiently. Thanks again tha_watcha.

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.