YAFLogo

foulkrj
  • foulkrj
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
9 years ago
This is my first try with YAF. My environment is Visual Studio 2010 Express on Windows 7

I extracted the Sample app to my VS 2010 projects folder. It builds without err but when I run it the page load fails - unable to find a stored procedure. The database folders appear to be empty beacuse I see no tables when I expand Tables in the Database explorer. I am logged in as Administrator and I know I have access to the database because I can add a table.

The DataSource is:

Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=C:\inetpub\wwwroot\YAF.SampleWebApplication-v1.96.1-RTW\YAF.SampleWebApplication\App_Data\Database.mdf;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True

I have replaced web.config with the recommended-NET-web.config

app.config has these 2 lines:

I don't know where to set the application protocol to .NET4.

I haven't been prompted to upgrade the database

Please, What have I missed or what am I doing wrong?

Thank you

Sponsor

tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 3.0.3
9 years ago
Sorry my mistake if the forum db ins not initialized the whats New Module on the default page throws an error.

http://yoursite.com/forum/install/default.aspx 

P.S: I Uploaded an updated Version which automatically takes you to the install Wizard instead of showing the error message.

foulkrj
  • foulkrj
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
9 years ago
http://yoursite.com/forum/default.aspx  gets truncated and goes to a strange site. I have attached an image of its landing page. If you mean I should substitute my site name for yoursite.com - I am working on this locally in development mode and have no domain for it yet.

Should I just start over with your new version?

Jim

foulkrj
  • foulkrj
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
9 years ago
Thanks for putting the new version of the Sample app out there. It is running fine.

Thanks,

Jim