YAFLogo

JP
  • JP
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Leader Topic Starter
11 years ago
I am running 1.9.6.1+ - ie 1.9.6.1 + some later additions...

Since I am developing an MVC 4 site using the YAF membership provider for the site, I would like to "timestamp" the visits to the MVC site into the accurate YAF table(s)...

As I understand the yaf_User, yaf_Active and yaf_prov_Membership all contain "last login" and "last visit/activity" fields...

Which of these are relevant? Or should I update all of them in a way?

I can see that last visit/activity is updated in all of them if using the forum login page, but I also want to update them when site pages outside the forum are accessed by forum members - and to show "rest of the site" users as "online" in the forum online users list. As well as counting current online users both in forum & site on the site home page...

Could I also eg update the yaf_Active "Location" field with a site page instead of forum page?

I have also noted a small "quirk", the "last login" does not update if you log in via a direct link to /forum/login.aspx, only if you login via the link at the top of the forum. "Last activity" is updated while you are in the forum, though...

Since I have not figured out how to do this 100% yet, I humbly ask for some ideas, tips & advice.
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Sponsor

YAF Logo Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved
About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.